Difficulty getting off the starting line

Hi Billy-Boy as a fellow newbie not sure what I can or can't ask but how did you get a list of providers in the first place

Yeah as userlee has already said, go in there, post what you are looking for and you should get a selection of people offering you services.

Just be wary of those that are new and offering you the world for a fraction of the average price and hopefully you will get lucky and find the service you need!

Thanks for that here's hoping
Well that is good advice from new member not everyone offering cheaper services are there to rip you off. Service may be ok but limitations i.e. no epg or lots of countries you do not need or even categories for countries with all channels in one category.
best is to take tests from various members offering.

But best advice is if possible get one from a TK vet but to be honest most will have their own long time subscribers and unlike some newer ones who will just offer any new member a subscription.

I agree with urie take lots or trial find one you like there's so many out there my experience I had one which was £6 a month was ok epg was hit and miss channels were ok and customer service wasn't great but you get what you pay for I guess I now pay slightly more not much and the service is phenomenal good selection of channels and vods amazing customer service and good quality picture on all channels plus the live ppv is brilliant

I've never used STB-EMU before and was requested to install it to test a service before purchase, and it was just awful. I cannot get it to work with an NVIDIA Shield Pro whatsoever because it refused to allow me to connect to the internet via my Ethernet wired setup. When going into the network settings to set my IP/Gateway/Mask the OK button is unresponsive and does nothing. I even tried an external mouse in case it was a remote issue, but still it refuses to work.

No wonder all the reviews for it on the Android TV Store are bad.

I've never used STB-EMU before and was requested to install it to test a service before purchase, and it was just awful. I cannot get it to work with an NVIDIA Shield Pro whatsoever because it refused to allow me to connect to the internet via my Ethernet wired setup. When going into the network settings to set my IP/Gateway/Mask the OK button is unresponsive and does nothing. I even tried an external mouse in case it was a remote issue, but still it refuses to work.

There are a lot of apps you can download to test a service and you can ask for xtream code which is username and password with URL for you to test the service.
Some providers offer their custom app for you to use as well pal

Good luck

There are a lot of apps you can download to test a service and you can ask for xtream code which is username and password with URL for you to test the service.
Some providers offer their custom app for you to use as well pal

Good luck

Its interesting you mention xtream..I'm sure I could search for the answer but what is the difference between xtream and stalker?

Only ask because I've had 3 trials now. 2 were xtream and popped straight up with EPG perfectly and one was stalker and the EPG just would not load for love nor money. The provider apparently had no idea why it wasn't working, which was a shame because out of the 2 the channels were far more stable.

This 3rd trial actually looks like it might be a winner and i'll be going for a month with them. Only had it running an hour and the difference is quite impressive.

Its interesting you mention xtream..I'm sure I could search for the answer but what is the difference between xtream and stalker?

Only ask because I've had 3 trials now. 2 were xtream and popped straight up with EPG perfectly and one was stalker and the EPG just would not load for love nor money. The provider apparently had no idea why it wasn't working, which was a shame because out of the 2 the channels were far more stable.

This 3rd trial actually looks like it might be a winner and i'll be going for a month with them. Only had it running an hour and the difference is quite impressive.
Xtream codes is username and password and stalker is mac address

Yeah after running Tivimate for a bit I can definitely see what garbage stbemu was - I guess it was just the cheap and cheerful app for sake of the trial. Definitely wouldn't have lasted with it long term.

Xtream code it populate the EPG by itself as stalker it's similar to m3u and it a lot of hard work. Best to use xtream code just pop the username, password and URL in then you done

Xtream code it populate the EPG by itself as stalker it's similar to m3u and it a lot of hard work. Best to use xtream code just pop the username, password and URL in then you done
Nope stalker populates epg by its self also all you do is enter a portal connect job done

Weird yeah mine wasn't having it, even ended up factory reset the shield and start from scratch, clean download of tivimate, threw in the stalker stuff and nada, no EPG.

Weird. Guess i'm just that lucky :tearsofjoy:

Weird yeah mine wasn't having it, even ended up factory reset the shield and start from scratch, clean download of tivimate, threw in the stalker stuff and nada, no EPG.

Weird. Guess i'm just that lucky :tearsofjoy:
Either way good choice for going with xtream code which is a lot easier mate 👍

Back