Do all freeview/freesat boxes use servers?

Mazy95

I am sort of new to this satellite/server thing. I am aware that cardsharing/cccam/servers thing is a bit touchy on here but I really need to know what boxes support this functionality? How do I tell if boxes support this? I mean, what is written in the product description to know? Also, I only want an original box, no clones.

For example.. does this one?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMR-HW220EBK-Recorder-Freeview-Tuners/dp/B007YXUC2C/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&qid=1387808157&sr=8-39&keywords=freesat+HD+recorder

Panasonic-DMR-HW220EBK-Recorder-Freeview-Tuners

Thanks.

no no and no freeview/freesat you buy from local store ie curry's pcworld look in tk shop find what you want there

I am sort of new to this satellite/server thing. I am aware that cardsharing/cccam/servers thing is a bit touchy on here but I really need to know what boxes support this functionality? How do I tell if boxes support this? I mean, what is written in the product description to know? Also, I only want an original box, no clones.

For example.. does this one?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMR-HW220EBK-Recorder-Freeview-Tuners/dp/B007YXUC2C/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&qid=1387808157&sr=8-39&keywords=freesat+HD+recorder

you cant use freeview box
i dont think is available at pc world ...

cheap sat box sky box f3s f5s for about £75 get a box here
Code:
        http://www.lincsat.co.uk/

yo can pay £200 for a very good box
but you still need to use cs the the ch on
then ya need to use cs --- cardsharing to get workin

skybox f5s i got its good but its cheap ( some time i got to turn it off at the wall and back on just some time tho )

you can pay lots more and the box r a lot beter tho
here just some what you can get of the net

Blade Media BM7000s - BM7000 Combo- BM500s - BM4000 Freeview - M3000HD+

vu+ duo section forum VU+ Duo - Solo - Uno and Ultimo Satellite receivers.

((( i think there r the best box you can get ))))) i think i dont no tho lol

Last edited:
Another thing about buying a box is to look at how popular they are, if you buy
an obscure box then there might not be the help about if you get stuck.

Plenty of info on skyboxes, openboxes, blades and Vu boxes on here.

The "stickys" at the top of each section are basically tutorials on how to set up a particular box.

Read through some of them, buy a box of your choice and post in that section
if you get stuck, I'm sure the people on here will help, as that is what we all done at first (y)

Thanks for the help but I'm still unsure. There are many freesat/freeview boxes around but I want to know if I can actually use cccam/card sharing on all of them such as the one I linked to. How can you tell? For example panasonic, goodmans, humax etc. And I've previously had a skybox but it was a cheap clone and it stopped working.
My apologies if I sound stupid..

You can't, look at bazza's comment, just check out the ones we have listed
and there will be all the help you need on this site.

Have a read in each section

Back