Do I need a android box

moshy

hi I’m a newb at all this IPTV and was looking for advice. I have a JVC smart tv model: LT-49C760 and was wondering if I need to get a android box or will I be able to download the app that gives me access to IPTV?

Are you talking about an app that will allow you to access your paid IPTV sub?
If so, go to the playstore, or app store, or whatever it is called with JVC, see if you can find stb emu, or SIPTV apps.

My mother-in-law has a JVC smart TV and from memory the app selection is dreadful.

I don't think you can sideload app (although I've never looked into this too much).

So you would need some sort of additional Android device (alternatively you could get a mag box or something enigma based).

There's a difference between Smart TVs and Android TVs. The latter basically have an inbuilt Android box which gives you full access to Google Play Store and all the apps. The former have their own stores run by the manufacturer which have a limited selection of apps. Samsung, for example, used to have the Smart IPTV app on their store but they removed it recently due to copyright complaints and you can't sideload it back on. I've got a Smart TV but I've also got an Andoid box to watch IPTV on the Perfect Player app. Here's a link to the box I got recently. Great specs and under £40. ;)

https://www.gearbest.com/goods/pp_009734111360.html?utm_source=tt_de&aid=171752

Back