Cable Do I need a splitter for a H2H?

Hello,

I have previously had a H2S box and have sky fibre broadband. Due to recent satellite changes, I have sold my H2S and am getting a H2H. I am still keeping broadband through sky, and as I previously had virgin internet and tv, I have the virgin box on the wall inside the house. However, when I sent the virgin box back to them I also sent the cables and splitter so there is currently nothing coming from the white box. I am wondering can I just use one cable straight from that to my H2H without a splitter due to having a seperate sky internet? Or would I still need a splitter? Also, could i still plug the wire in from my dish in to the sat input on the H2H (maybe to record freeview channels)?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Right couple of things. Firstly you want to keep your sky broadband - might not be possible. Basically the cable line into your house may well be deactivated now as you don't have an active DOCSIS line. I would suggest scrapping sky bb and going back to vm for your net only. They would then send you a router and coax.

You would then need to split that coax from the white box on the wall, one to the router, the other to the zgemma box. Also I would suggest a H5.2TC over the H2H --> newer and faster and also updated tuners which are hybrids. That basically means if you wanted to you could still use your sat line but the cable line you plug in (1 coax cable) will split twice within the box.

Right couple of things. Firstly you want to keep your sky broadband - might not be possible. Basically the cable line into your house may well be deactivated now as you don't have an active DOCSIS line. I would suggest scrapping sky bb and going back to vm for your net only. They would then send you a router and coax.

You would then need to split that coax from the white box on the wall, one to the router, the other to the zgemma box. Also I would suggest a H5.2TC over the H2H --> newer and faster and also updated tuners which are hybrids. That basically means if you wanted to you could still use your sat line but the cable line you plug in (1 coax cable) will split twice within the box.

Thanks for that. Going to see if my vm line is still active. If it's not I will switch to vm for broadband. Regards the box, I've only just bought the h2h, will see how I go and may upgrade in future. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I have bought a line for Virmin. I still have an active line for sly. Can I use both alongside each other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes aslong as they are both in the same format (either both will have to be mgcamd or both have to be cccam)

PUowyx1.jpg

Back