do i need new software

hi..i have A780 and sometimes all the channels go down..past 2 days only had the 5 normal channels..switched on today and all channels are back on..do i need to install the new software to prevent this happeing or is it some uther problem.thanks in advance.

software should always be upto date regardless and this should be done through the remote control.

However unlikely to resolve current issues with channels going on and off here and there appears to be server issues or more likely just reconfigurations to server possibly.

just need to go with the flow but if unsure ensure latest software installed and factory reset and rescan and if any channels are still down not much more you can do other than check here to see if others are having the same issue with same channels and if they are server issue.

how do you update thru yer remote m8..and software date i hav is 11.11.12..is this correct one or are ther a new software avalilble...

most definitely not the most recent software current is from 17062013 just a few days ago.

on remote control press MENU / Installation and software update and this will download and install latest software after then full reset and rescan

after rescan you will likely need to change the clock and aspect ratio

to update box m8..do i need to use the null modem cable or do just go to the update part and update box.

---------- Post Merged at 03:16 PM ----------

to update box m8..do i need to use the null modem cable or do just go to the update part and update box.

on remote control press MENU / Installation and software update and this will download and install latest software after then full reset and rescan

after rescan you will likely need to change the clock and aspect ratio

No null modem required steps above all done through remote control

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My father is extremely mechanical, but cars have gotten so computerized these days. I had like to get him a number of software for auto repair as a pastime gift. Any suggestions that are relatively reasonably priced are welcome.My father is extremely mechanical, but cars have gotten so computerized these days. I had like to get him a number of software for auto repair as a pastime gift. Any suggestions that are relatively reasonably priced are welcome.

cheers m8 i try that.

---------- Post Merged at 02:11 PM ----------

google..car diagnostic and you will get what your looking for..all sorts of gadgets you can buy.

Back