Do VM disconnect lines physically or just at their end restrict normal service?

yes they disconnect manually. As garyth said it used to be if you had services if you left 99.99% of the time you where still live and could just stick box in. Now adays they do check boxes and disconnect people. But if u know a friendly engineer they will usually switch you back on or even an ex engineer.

yes they disconnect manually. As garyth said it used to be if you had services if you left 99.99% of the time you where still live and could just stick box in. Now adays they do check boxes and disconnect people. But if u know a friendly engineer they will usually switch you back on or even an ex engineer.

you could be correct on this but I have at least 3 or 4 that live in my street who are now up an running with a inbound feed from VM after cancelling all subs

you could be correct on this but I have at least 3 or 4 that live in my street who are now up an running with a inbound feed from VM after cancelling all subs

sounds like they all been lucky. hope it lasts for them

I use vm with no physical service from them guess i was lucky aswell.

i don't know maybe you where. maybe you got someone to turn you back on maybe you only moved in how would i know what you done. or maybe the vm engineers where u live are just lazy so and so
who really cares.

Or maybe you dont no what you talking about.
And you obviously care as your wound up ya tool

PMSL, It is my understanding and I could be wrong here, but back in the day of ntl & telewest I'm pretty sure there was a team of guys who went around switching peoples feeds off. But I'm positive that it cost the cable companies so much money doing it that they sacked it. I know this as my mate worked for ntl> VM.
Its ludicrous to think that a huge cable company are going to pay salaries for going to junction boxes to flick a switch when they can just terminate a signal at a lesser cost. Just my thoughts that's all!! Go easy Dillyp lol

When I moved into a cable-equipped home I used the tv service even though I wasn't subscribed to their TV service or broadband for that matter! I used ADSL broadband as it was cheaper than virgin but used Virgin TV :)

So has anyone in here actually cut off the VM services and still got a signal from the line where they can connect a zGemma and still get the channels come through

Gave VM a call this morning to cut off the line,panicking now that my zGemma will lose channels

You asked them to cut off the line? How do you expect to get a signal if they cut off the line?

Confused.com lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My old man has just cancelled his VM services, yet another price hike, so I'm looking to get him a wee box (looking at the edision OS mini). He's not officially getting cut off until the start of October but I'll let you guys know if the box still works after the cut off.
Hoping it will as he's in a 4 in a block and think it uses the same main line as the neighbours but I may be talking rubbish?

Back