Does magic eye work for h2.s in different rooms?

karl_bc

Hello all...

My dad has just cancelled his tv subscription and he is looking to buy an h2.s. He has them magic eyes that allows him to watch and change channels in different rooms in the house on different tvs.
Has anyone any experience on this would this still work on the h2.s.

thanks in advance...

Karl

Know exactly what you mean.

I use a HDMI over LAN to get the picture and remote control over to a second unit.

This is what I have - works perfectly HD 1080P IR HDMI Extender Splitter RX+TX Over 60M Network Lan Cat6 Cat6A 7 HDCP | eBay

You need a network cable from the zgemma to the second tv.

Get one like this with the HDMI splitter built in and it saves faffing with separate extra cables and bits, I bought a non hdmi splitter version first and then a hdmi splitter to use with it and it was no good.

Just what you describe and also its a better picture - HD

Thanks buddy.

I will have a look at it when I get home as damn work computer has security on ebay!

Thanks for the reply!

The simpler solution would be to get a raspberry pi, install Kodi and then set up the Vu+ / Enigma plugin.

Essentially, it streams TV over your network to Kodi, you can browse the guide, set recordings, watch recordings etc.. it's pretty cool!

Know exactly what you mean.

I use a HDMI over LAN to get the picture and remote control over to a second unit.

This is what I have - works perfectly HD 1080P IR HDMI Extender Splitter RX+TX Over 60M Network Lan Cat6 Cat6A 7 HDCP | eBay

You need a network cable from the zgemma to the second tv.

Get one like this with the HDMI splitter built in and it saves faffing with separate extra cables and bits, I bought a non hdmi splitter version first and then a hdmi splitter to use with it and it was no good.

Just what you describe and also its a better picture - HD

Rich, do you think this would work over homeplug / powerline adapters? If so that is a great bit of kit for a "not able to run cable" house

From what i remember from trying to use these in the past, they need 2 dedicated Cat 6 cables to function.. no switches / routers etc in the way.. though this was about 5 years ago so maybe the tech has come a long..

Edit : so the one listed shows Cat 6 but only 1 of them, but i think it still stands that it's a dedicated bit of cable and can't actually run through switch layers etc.

The simpler solution would be to get a raspberry pi, install Kodi and then set up the Vu+ / Enigma plugin.

Essentially, it streams TV over your network to Kodi, you can browse the guide, set recordings, watch recordings etc.. it's pretty cool!

May give this a go in my own house first. I have a firestick in my bedroom with kodi on it if this could work? or does it have to be raspberyy pi?
thanks

May give this a go in my own house first. I have a firestick in my bedroom with kodi on it if this could work? or does it have to be raspberyy pi?
thanks

Yes, this seems a good setup, be keen to get more details

thanks

Yes, this seems a good setup, be keen to get more details

just had a look at this on youtube seem easy enough to do. just hope it works ok with the firestick. i have android boxs in the house aswell could try with it too.

Back