Dog at vets

bazcfc1

VIP Member
Evening all hope all is well as title says my alsation Cross dog is at vets tomorrow afternoon basically in a nut shell he's not eating looks as tho his back legs are going and loosing weight has anyone experienced this with their alsation just looking for a bit of guidance and any kind of pricing structure which I will pay what's needed he's been our pet from 6 weeks old he's 11 in our years so about 65 in dog years old fart (lol) what options could there be for him as would break my families heart if we had to say good bye

Evening all hope all is well as title says my alsation Cross dog is at vets tomorrow afternoon basically in a nut shell he's not eating looks as tho his back legs are going and loosing weight has anyone experienced this with their alsation just looking for a bit of guidance and any kind of pricing structure which I will pay what's needed he's been our pet from 6 weeks old he's 11 in our years so about 65 in dog years old fart (lol) what options could there be for him as would break my families heart if we had to say good bye
So sorry to hear about your family member, all I can say is get some vetinary advice, asap.
Good luck mate.

Wish I could help in anyway mate but when it comes to pets I am not part of that world.

Hope he can get well soon mate as can understand how devastating it can be for a family lose a pet they have been so attached for many years.

Fingers crossed all goes well mate.

Wish I could help in anyway mate but when it comes to pets I am now part of that world.

Hope he can get well soon mate as can understand how devastating it can be for a family lose a pet they have been so attached for many years.

Fingers crossed all goes well mate.
Not asking for help mate just a bit of guidance/advice if any alsation owners forum whose experienced same with their pets

Sounds bad mate but I suppose it could be any number of things. For his appetite, could be off his food coz of the upheaval of lockdown - must be a confusing time for pets. Could you change his food? Maybe consider a raw diet?

My dog has always had a bit of stiffness in his back legs. Someone suggested "golden paste" and it worked wonders. Recommended it to a friend who's dog had arthritis and they say it's a miracle cure. Worth a try before pumping him full of whatever the vet prescribes.

Hope you get to the bottom of it, keep us posted.

Sounds bad mate but I suppose it could be any number of things. For his appetite, could be off his food coz of the upheaval of lockdown - must be a confusing time for pets. Could you change his food? Maybe consider a raw diet?

My dog has always had a bit of stiffness in his back legs. Someone suggested "golden paste" and it worked wonders. Recommended it to a friend who's dog had arthritis and they say it's a miracle cure. Worth a try before pumping him full of whatever the vet prescribes.

Hope you get to the bottom of it, keep us posted.
I've tried him with dry food tinned foot even meat from butchers he bits and bat's at it i will look online now for the cream you've mentioned at first put it down to weather but when let him out on garden he will do his business play for about 10 mins then just lay down if that makes sense

I've tried him with dry food tinned foot even meat from butchers he bits and bat's at it i will look online now for the cream you've mentioned at first put it down to weather but when let him out on garden he will do his business play for about 10 mins then just lay down if that makes sense

That's the recipe I make it from. Ask your vet about it, some recommend it.

Ah he sounds proper out of sorts mate.

Attachments

• Turmeric-Recipe-DNM.jpg
    Turmeric-Recipe-DNM.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 8
Sorry to hear this mate, I can't offer any advice but on our daily walk over the outcrop ,there is a bloke who walks his elderly alsation with the same thing as you described.
It is sad to see but the dog just keeps going albeit slowly.

i would think if hes going out and playing (even for ten min.) thats a good sign is it not
good luck m8 hope its not to serious

Sorry to hear this mate, I can't offer any advice but on our daily walk over the outcrop ,there is a bloke who walks his elderly alsation with the same thing as you described.
It is sad to see but the dog just keeps going albeit slowly.
Deffinatly like our dog that mate

Cant really offer much advise but when you see the vet think about your dogs quality of life. Hopefully you have caught whatever it is early enough to be treated but you also have to be prepared incase it is something more.
We very recently lost our 12 year old lab very suddenly so I know how heartbreaking it is. Stay positive and I hope everything goes well for you and your boy (they are practically our children :) ).

Cant really offer much advise but when you see the vet think about your dogs quality of life. Hopefully you have caught whatever it is early enough to be treated but you also have to be prepared incase it is something more.
We very recently lost our 12 year old lab very suddenly so I know how heartbreaking it is. Stay positive and I hope everything goes well for you and your boy (they are practically our children :) ).
Sorry to hear about your loss mate hopefully have caught it in time yeah they are like kids and he's had a good life I have said I wouldn't want him to suffer any more if that makes sense

Has he had diarrhea recently?
My dog had it for about 4 months and her back end started going very weak, it's something to do with straining if diarrhea is involved.
She went on steroids for months for an unknown ailment and now she's fine although some things do give her the squits occasionally.
She's 15

Our pets are our family, really feel for your loss.

Has he had diarrhea recently?
My dog had it for about 4 months and her back end started going very weak, it's something to do with straining if diarrhea is involved.
She went on steroids for months for an unknown ailment and now she's fine although some things do give her the squits occasionally.
She's 15
He has had rapid bum squirts previously and that maybe the case hopefully nothing serious

The fact that he is moving about is a very good sign.
You could try him on a bit of scrambled egg see if he will eat that. My dogs love it, thats what I give them when there off it
As for the price I paid £240 emergency vet and weekend prices.

We had a few German shepherds when I was a kid, they are prone to hip problems, but usually at a much earlier age than yours, could he possibly have a bit of arthritis theres a name for it for dogs, cant remember offhand what it is, but with him being 11 years old its possible, at least you are taking him to the vets tomorrow, hopefully its a case of some vitimins and medication to get his appetite back, hoping it all goes well.

Back