Dreambox DM500-S (All channels working as of now)

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
I now own a Dreambox DM-500 (s). It was pre-programmed with the server details from the guy I purchased it off. Well, i haven't paid yet, told him i'm going to test it out first and he agreed. lol

Anyway, my router is way to far from where my dreambox currently is, and I had no intention of running a 20 metre ethernet cable from point a to point b, so i went for the Vonet WiFi Bridge.

I went on a bizzare mission for a couple of hours to try and conect my spare router to my main router and create a bridge that way but it didn't go to well, but after investing in this I couldn't be any more pleased:

912.jpg

First i'll have to program it to connect to my home WiFi connection via the CD provided and then i'm good to go.

Will have to connect the Dreambox's DC adapter to the Open Media WiFi Bridge, then the OM's DC output wire will go into the Dreambox. This way, the WiFi Bridge and the Dreambox will both get power by just using one plug. Then ofcourse will have to connect the ethernet cable into the DreamBox. My PS3 is just underneath the Dreambox, and doesn't give me any major issues when downloading and uploading files via the PS3. So communicating with a server to get a couple of codes should be no biggie, i hope that is the case anyway. :)

I believe it may be a yearly subscription thats already set on the box. I have the PIN to the box too so can get into all the settings, but was told that if the server details were tampered with, then that would be pretty much it.

All asian, sports, movies, music e.t.c channels are working without any lag at all, and I hope it stays that way.

I also pay for my channels with VM over on cable, going to see how this plans out. :)

I guess i can check it out still as i'm able to FTP into the DreamBox's root directory.

Back