Dreambox new image

do a search for image for DM boxes in google you should be able to get plenty of them. You need to download a DreamUp software ver 1.3.2.1 and get a RS 232 or Null Modem serial cable to flash the box. Sorry, i haven't done this for a long time but do a search you should find it very simple.

yes, you can flash it also by using your Browser if you know you box ip address, i think. I'm sure someone here can help to confirm this as i'm abit rusty with these boxes.

The link above does not include the image that you need, it's just an operation manual for your box which i believe it would tell you how to flash the box also. You just have to do a search on Google for your image and that's it.

if everything is working, why do you wish to flash a new image......if you have a sub to a cline, that would have to be added to your new image if you reflashed, assuming w'ere talking sat

with dreambox control center open DCC go to fpt and and you will see all folders and etc that's the one you put your cline in

hi
if your image works ok back the image up
also using FTP program or FTP in dreambox control centre save ccam cfg file to pc from Var / Etc file
I use telnet to back up and flash images to dm500
if flashing image make sure the image is called
backup.img

To telnet, on pc click START > RUN and type Telnet ip.address.of.dreambox
A command window will appear, enter username
root and password dreambox.

Also you can telnet with dreambox control centre

Telnet Commands

To flash an image using Telnet

This method will only work with a .img image file.
Rename the image file to backup.img
FTP the image file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox
Telnet to your box and paste the following command:
Code:
cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

To backup an image using Telnet
Telnet to the box and paste the following command:
Code:
cat /dev/mtd/3 > /tmp/backup.img
FTP to the box and navigate to the /tmp
Here you will find the backup.img file.

hope this helps