Dualshock 3 ps3 controller won't charge?

rizlaskinz

VIP Member
Keep getting the message:

The battery for controller one is low, please plug it in..Bla....Bla ....Bla

So naturally I plug it in for charge, but it dosen't seem to be charging, thinking it was my usb ports on the console, I used my pc's ports, still the same!

Everything was fine from christmas until a few days ago, no fun using 18" cable from console to controller!...lol....And i'm not sure if this is even working as the light on the handset just flashes.

So anyone experienced this before?

Cheers lads!

is this a new controller , you say it worked from christmas till now, and if it is new, dont worry about what is wrong, just bring it back.

if, however, it is old, it might be the rechargeable battery inside the controller that is bust and needs replacing.

a tip that i got some time ago is not to keep things on charge after use. fully charge, then fully discharge before recharging, because each battery has a limited number of times that it can be recharged, and if you do a small charge it fools itself into thinking that it is a charge gone.

i know this probably doesn't help you immediately, but someone may come on and give you a solution specific to the PS3

is this a new controller , you say it worked from christmas till now, and if it is new, dont worry about what is wrong, just bring it back.

if, however, it is old, it might be the rechargeable battery inside the controller that is bust and needs replacing.

a tip that i got some time ago is not to keep things on charge after use. fully charge, then fully discharge before recharging, because each battery has a limited number of times that it can be recharged, and if you do a small charge it fools itself into thinking that it is a charge gone.

i know this probably doesn't help you immediately, but someone may come on and give you a solution specific to the PS3

HaHa!
Thanks for your reply mate!..My fault totally guys, school boy error...lol

Had the usb lead of my mp3 player plugged in, instead, obviously not enough power getting through for the charge...lol...Yeah mate it is a new console....Hense the stupidty!...lol

Thanks once again for your reply!

you will find it very hard to charge it withput plugging it in all right, as long as you can play away, then all is good in the world:taz:

Well...that was an easy fix now wasn't it? lol

Glad you got it sorted mate. Perhaps you should label your power cables. :cheesy grin:

Well...that was an easy fix now wasn't it? lol

Glad you got it sorted mate. Perhaps you should label your power cables. :cheesy grin:

I do that on all my plugs for pcs ect - cozi have so many and often pulled wrong one out.

Now i bet if me or any other female put that up you'd all laugh LOL

sometimes its the simple things in life we forgot coz we are far to busy trying to sort things to think properly.

Glad you found out what the problem was. so when in doubt always check the leads LOL!!! But yes happens to us all at some point.

Back