Earphones with usb connection

paulg

Evening all
After leaving me laptop on the floor I ended up ripping me earphones out of the socket and wrecking the
jackplug socket in the process. so now I cant listen to my sounds.

Now ive either got to get me laptop repaired or Im wondering are there any good quailty sounding earphones that connect to my laptop via usb, I know there are gaming earphones with usb but im looking for something more towards actual music sound clarity

any one with any ideas

Thanks

I am sure that you have looked, but the laptop doesn't by chance have a second plug for the headphones does it. I have seen a few with 2 sets.

You could use an independent sound card like this

42961xxl3691525.jpg

LINK:

paulg
Sorry to hear about your laptop.
By the way the second connection is for your external speakers .
If you google, " usb 2.0 to Audio Adapter/ with Mikrophone jack"
you will able to buy one they are only about a Fiver.
You can even get them with Stereo 5.1-channel sound effects.
Best of luck M8.

Last edited:
Unfortunately USB is a BUS and therefore an adapter for 3.5 audio is not workable.

-

thanks Gman496

thanks Gman496, very simple solution if you know, and now i know thanks to you.

ill shop around and see whats about, just a thought are there superior ones that will give better sound quality or are they much the same?

anyway thanks and all the best

paulg

The audio adapter I linked to supports virtual 7.1 and might be a bit over kill for your needs.

You can get them in 5.1 and just plain stereo too.

It's really down to what you want but I would avoid the really cheap ones on the likes of eBay that are shipped from Hong Kong!

Have a look at Amazon UK.

You don't need anything too fancy if it's just for headphone use with a Lappy (y)

-

Back