Easeus Partition Manager Home Edition

axxxo

VIP Member

A plucky little piece of freeware that packs a subtle punch, Easeus Partition Manager partitions hard drives like a reigning champ. Loaded with features, EPM runs smoothly and lacks only a glitzy interface.

A row of task icons sits on the toolbar, followed by a Windows XP-style left nav and central pane that shows your hard drives and information about them. To partition a disk, click on one of the drives and then use either the toolbar or the context menu to run the Resize feature. This brings up a slider for adjusting the drive volume sizes. You can also use the text fields to set a partition size precisely. Hit OK to run the resizing, and then run the Create feature. This will allow you format and label the partition in the newly-created empty space. While running, EPM will keeps you informed of the progress of the overall task, as well as the multiple steps it takes in partitioning your drive. A helpful color-key lives in the status bar at the bottom, divvying up drives by type as well as allocation use.

Other useful features include partition copying, a boot disk creator, a Properties option that will tell you everything from the physical geometry of the drive to the serial number, drive letter swapping, and password protection. In testing these features, the only glitch encountered occurred when a task had completed and the program window hid behind other active program windows. This did not, however, affect the use or execution of EPM, and we recommend it unequivocally for partitioning tasks.

This works on vista and windows 7 also, merged my partitions with no problems at all while i used the computer, not recommended i know but just wanted to test it :)

How To Merge Partitions With Easeus

Last edited:
thanks axxxo dont know when ill get a chance to test it but will let you know when i do it be some time this week

Tried this out - Easeus Partition Manager Home Edition - and it appears to work very well. I like it. Thanks Axxxo :)

A plucky little piece of freeware that packs a subtle punch, Easeus Partition Manager partitions hard drives like a reigning champ. Loaded with features, EPM runs smoothly and lacks only a glitzy interface.

A row of task icons sits on the toolbar, followed by a Windows XP-style left nav and central pane that shows your hard drives and information about them. To partition a disk, click on one of the drives and then use either the toolbar or the context menu to run the Resize feature. This brings up a slider for adjusting the drive volume sizes. You can also use the text fields to set a partition size precisely. Hit OK to run the resizing, and then run the Create feature. This will allow you format and label the partition in the newly-created empty space. While running, EPM will keeps you informed of the progress of the overall task, as well as the multiple steps it takes in partitioning your drive. A helpful color-key lives in the status bar at the bottom, divvying up drives by type as well as allocation use.

Other useful features include partition copying, a boot disk creator, a Properties option that will tell you everything from the physical geometry of the drive to the serial number, drive letter swapping, and password protection. In testing these features, the only glitch encountered occurred when a task had completed and the program window hid behind other active program windows. This did not, however, affect the use or execution of EPM, and we recommend it unequivocally for partitioning tasks.

This works on vista and windows 7 also, merged my partitions with no problems at all while i used the computer, not recommended i know but just wanted to test it :)

How To Merge Partitions With Easeus

this what your looking for wheelo, saw you in the shoutbox lol

thanks ferg and axxxo, just went through the process and it worked fine.

Just a tip, the free version says it will only work with 32 bit and not with xp pro 64 bit, but i have just tried it and it works with xp pro

I DOn't know if I should ask for help here, or start a new thread, but if it is the latter, can a Mod please move it, thanks.
I have four partitions on my laptop, 1 has mediedirect - a Dell DVD Player for lack of a better explanation, the second has a backup (system back to factory settings), the third has XP, and the fourth has Windows 7 on it.
now what I want to do is this.
1. delete C: this has XP on it
2. rename F: as C: this has Windows 7 on it
Simple I hear you say, just click on C: and use the Delete menu, therein lies the problem, when I click on either of the first 2 partitions, the Delete menu shows up, but when I click on C: or F: the Delete menu doesn't. now I suppose this has something to do with the fact that these 2 are showing as system and the other 2 are logical, but I just can't get around this, even though I have been playing around for ages.
EASUS.jpg
Any help appreciated.
Wheelo

Be careful if you are dual booting, removing an OS partition in that manner might render you machine unable to boot at all.

I'll tell you what I wanted to do initially, I wanted to put Windows 7 onto this XP laptop, but it wouldn't set up no matter what I tried to do, so I decided that I would create a partition on the hard drive and try to install it there, and hey presto it worked, now when I boot up it goes to the Dell screen, then it say do you want to open up in 7 or in an earlier version (XP). It is obviously slowing things down.
Is this what you mean by dual booting??

I'll tell you what I wanted to do initially, I wanted to put Windows 7 onto this XP laptop, but it wouldn't set up no matter what I tried to do, so I decided that I would create a partition on the hard drive and try to install it there, and hey presto it worked, now when I boot up it goes to the Dell screen, then it say do you want to open up in 7 or in an earlier version (XP). It is obviously slowing things down.

i did the same thing on my old celeron d processor.wasnt long before xp went bye bye.

Yes!

Your boot ini file has entries now for both OS's and expects to see them at startup

Even worse is that the Win 7 ini file Bootloader) has a slightly different structure to that of XP.

Have a look at THIS:

Then go look at THIS:

What is the point of these programs Gman? (absolutely no sarcasm in there or smart arse-edness) what I mean is what would I achieve, is this something that would stop it offering to boot into XP? I do have an Acronis backup that I could put on if someone could then help me put windows 7 on. What route should I go, as if I need XP I can use that program that you recommended to me, my mate downloaded the torrent for me.

This VIDEO: will give you precise step by step instructions on how to do what you want to do wheelo.

Watch it a few times and don't be intimidated by it, it's really straight forward.

You can skip the image portion if you already have one but it's highly unlikely you will need it.

Maybe you could play the video on a laptop as you work on your machine.

Excellent, young Sir, won't get to use this until Wednesday at the earliest, but I will let you know how I got on.

Back