Edision OS MINI - Newbie Questions

raverdave

Hi Guys

New to all this so I apologise in advance :)

I am looking at buying the Edision OS MINI DVB S from WOS already flashed with OpenVix. Am I right in presuming that all I need then is to get a line and I`m set up?

I have spent most of the evening researching this so sorry if it`s been posted before.

Cheers
Dave

Sorry I meant this one "Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Linux Enigma 2 Digital Receiver"

It comes with OpenVix already installed so does that mean I just need to add a line? Is the front end already there for VM or do I need to download extra things?

Cheers
Dave

Hi, I set up one recently, I'll pm you after work. You need a few extra bits. I'll help you out after work though.

I only set mine up last week, but everyone here is pretty helpful. Its pretty straight forward when you start doing it

For anyone searching;

Here's a general shopping list

A DVB-C type box (or a combo if you also want sly channels)
F-type to RF coax adapter
Homeplug Powerline adapters. An ethernet connection to your box. If your box is in a different room you can use something like this device (IGNORE IF YOUR ROUTER CAN DIRECTLY PLUG IN). A 200mbps type is fine for the need.

You'll also need to know your netid during set up
http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65862-cable-netids.html

Last edited:
wow i just got the t2/c box any chance some one could walk me threw the setup process i have a test line and no idea how to get it on my box

kind regards
god666

Do you have your cable to coax adapter and also an internet connection to the box?

The link Cactikid posted futher up the page is the one you need to use to set up and I posted the link to (Cactikid's post) Cable netid's in the post above this one
If you have all your bits plug it all in and then try follow that guide, and I'll give you a hand on whatever bits you get stuck at, or if you're not sure if you are starting right I'll help out with that too

Sat connection is an F connector screw fit,

Cable connection needs the adaptor and is a push fit.

erm mine had a screw fit im guessing i got wrong box?

so dos my vm box tho screw fitting cable

---------- Post Merged at 04:24 PM ----------

wos sent me the wrong dam box sorry

wos don't sell Amikos ?

Is this what you ordered Amiko T2/C ?

Amiko-Mini-HD-T2-C.jpg

The SE is the sat version with a screw connection

Last edited:
hiya

i got the cable box now but im having problems getting the line to work ive ftped the the two files one with cws line in but getting no pictures on any chans
no idea wht im doing wrong

kind regards
god666

Edision OS MINI cable box

Make sure you restart the box, switch it off and on from the back.

Maybe ask the guy you bought the line from to check if you've typed it all in right in the file

If you want to PM me your line I can test it in my box if you like
just in case it's not active, or you could try a test from elsewhere
and see if that works.

You need to determine for sure the line is active and if it is you can problem solve your set up.

If it isn't active your set up may be correct but you will be left scratching your head :gah:

Also, if you send me an Email address and the line is fine I can send back the newcamd.list file to you
with your line in.

If you are not sure about sending me the details then no probs (y)

Last edited:
Hi There
I saw your post where you set up an edision. I'm much more familiar with Zgemma h2s and I find the Edision is similar. The only thing I'm stuck on is when I download CrossEPG it doesn't give me the option to save to usb/hard drive, it says something like lambda (I'm not near my box right now) and when I download nothing happens - the only EPG I have seems to be the FTA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, I set up one recently, I'll pm you after work. You need a few extra bits. I'll help you out after work though.

I only set mine up last week, but everyone here is pretty helpful. Its pretty straight forward when you start doing it

For anyone searching;

Here's a general shopping list

A DVB-C type box (or a combo if you also want sly channels)
F-type to RF coax adapter
Homeplug Powerline adapters. An ethernet connection to your box. If your box is in a different room you can use something like this device (IGNORE IF YOUR ROUTER CAN DIRECTLY PLUG IN). A 200mbps type is fine for the need.

You'll also need to know your netid during set up
http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65862-cable-netids.html

The OSMINI/OSMINI+ range come with built-in wifi so providing you're in decent range you can get away without Ethernet cable or home plugs. Having said that if router is within cable length of receiver then go direct via Ethernet as that will generally mean optimal bandwidth and less risk to signal (wifi) loss.

Last edited:
Back