Edision Set up help required

DingoD

Hi,

I'm really struggling to set up my new box. I have terrestrial TV channels thats no problem, Ive used Filezilla to transfer my line into USR/KEYS and it has seemed to find the sky channels but when I click onto them the screen is blank/black ?? Also my EPG does not seem to be fully generating with lots of missing slots ???

Is there anyone who can help me ( It may take a good few PM's ?!)

Helppppp !!

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 01:22 PM ----------

Ive downloaded the MGcam and it has started which makes me believe the line I entered is working ????

Also I have bought the twin satellite veriosn of the Edision with 2 x LNB in ports. Do I connect both cables from my satellite or just one ??

Last edited:
Did you install MGcam AFTER you had added your line, if so then you've probably overwritten your line with the default blank one, try sending your line over to /user/keys/ again.

If you want to use both tuners then you'll need to connect a separate LNB to each port,

Hi,

I'm really struggling to set up my new box. I have terrestrial TV channels thats no problem, Ive used Filezilla to transfer my line into USR/KEYS and it has seemed to find the sky channels but when I click onto them the screen is blank/black ?? Also my EPG does not seem to be fully generating with lots of missing slots ???

Is there anyone who can help me ( It may take a good few PM's ?!)

Helppppp !!

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 01:22 PM ----------

Ive downloaded the MGcam and it has started which makes me believe the line I entered is working ????

Also I have bought the twin satellite veriosn of the Edision with 2 x LNB in ports. Do I connect both cables from my satellite or just one ??

Two cables, top one (lnb) one bottom right (tuner a) did you look at this guide (ignore virgin) http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

I have both a cable going into both LNB IN ports. The spare port is LOOP OUT and that isnt being used. When I set the tuners up I set them up as per BEES guide but they arent identical as tuner A is called Broadcom BCM73XX and tuner B is called FTS-260. They are both set in single mode as per BEES guide, although with me having two Im not sure this is correct ??

The box has found all the SKY channels but it just wont play them ???

Yes a mg cfg file and a newcamlist file both transferred across to usr/keys ???

Last edited:
The mgcamd is running so surely I must have transferred the line over correctly ?? It says no config files found for ccam which is correct as I didnt set up ccam.

Struggling now but I bet its something stupid.....ie me !?!?!?!?

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 PM ----------

What firmware are you using, openvix

Yes Its a brand new Edision box with the latest openxix on installed by WOS.

They are both set in single mode as per BEES guide, although with me having two Im not sure this is correct ??

Single mode is correct unless you have a motorised dish. Single mode just tells the tuner that only 1 satellite is connected to the tuner. So if you have 2 tuners set to single mode and connected to a multi-LNB then that is fine.

Did you remember to restart the Cam after you ftp newcamd.list over?

I can send you a backup of my box, mine is a Sat/Cable combo though and you'd need to reconfigure the tuners from Sat/Cable to Sat/Sat.

Last edited:
They are both set in single mode as per BEES guide, although with me having two Im not sure this is correct ??

Single mode is correct unless you have a motorised dish. Singlemode just tells the tuner that only 1 satellite is connected to the tuner.

Did you remember to restart the Cam after you ftp newcamd.list over?

I can send you a backup of my box, mine is a Sat/Cable combo though and you'd need to reconfigure the tuners from Sat/Cable to Sat/Sat.

Yeah ive restarted the cam a few times now but still no joy. Stu I appreciate your last offer of a back up but is it easy to do or will I just be digging a bigger hole ??

He would still need to add his line details so a re flash wont really help with this little issue

What i would do just to check the line,download cccam 2.3.0 in plugins,then enter the line in cccam.cfg format into etc folder on the box,then go into menu,setup,softcam/ci,CCcam info,servers,and see if the server details show and a green icon,if red the line is not working,make sure you activate cccam in softcam manager first

Last edited:
What i would do just to check the line,download cccam 2.3.0 in plugins,then enter the line in cccam.cfg format into etc folder on the box,then go into menu,setup,softcam/ci,CCcam info,servers,and see if the server details show and a green icon,if red the line is not working,make sure you activate cccam in softcam manager first

Have you run a network test on the box? How is it connected to the router? Does it work if the other box is off? Is it the same newcamd.list you use on the other box that works or did you make/edit a new one?

Back