email from my ip - infringement of copyright

basejumper

TK Veteran
I had an email sent to me this morning by my ip headed 'Copyrighted material has been shared using your broadband connection'.

Details:
Here’s a summary of what’s been passed on to us:
On 07/08/17 at 14:14 B##S B##Y (2017), was shared using your ### Broadband connection.
  • CIR ID?
    #######
  • DATE SHARED?
    07 Aug 2017
  • TIME SHARED?
    01:09 PM
  • PROTOCOL?
    B##TORRENT
  • IP ADDRESS?
  • APPLICATION?
    B##Torrent
  • FILE NAME?
    The B##s B##y 2017 (1080p) BluRay x264 [1.5GB] [ECLiPSE]
  • COPYRIGHT OWNER?
    Universal City Studios LLC
  • FILE SIZE?
  • FILE TYPE?
    Movie
I had my pc connected through a VPN router downloading B##S B##Y at 8.am and went out. It must have dropped carrier after the download and connected wirelessly to the normal router with the torrent client still on. Someone then from 5.65.191.185 downloaded it from me and it was flagged up. Doh!

If I have the wifi set to connect to my VPN router i can't send emails though for some reason can receive them.

Just don't torrent, use Direct Download methods. There are plenty of sites online that offer links to download from.

as cable dude says only best way use direct down load as uk ip jumping on bang wagon now to stop a lot

So are you saying that if I go on TPB

I just hit the download button rather than using the magnet and get this torrent button
it won't stand out as much ?

Also does it take long to do a direct download as peer to peer means more connection doesn't it ?

Thanks will give it a go, I have always just used the magnets

but I know a lot of these letters seem to be about these days
I had something similar a couple of months back but mine said it was linda lovelace - deepthroat :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

I always use magnets because I think I'm helping others to download as I am a peer. It's ironic I didn't get caught downloading but from someone downloading the file from me. It will be ddls from now through the VPN router with the wifi turned off.

Here's more info from company that caught me

'The detection and confirmation of infringement is done by content owners or their authorised representatives on peer-to-peer networks only. Content owners do this by using proven electronic scanning technologies which are searching publicly available information. They do not have access to private browsing information or general internet use.'

I think that says only p2p is monitored and ddls are not. :)

well I use IPT,s and I would like to download instead but I have to say I don't know of any "safe" sites offering direct download ?

If I have the wifi set to connect to my VPN router i can't send emails though for some reason can receive them.[/QUOTE said:
For this to work you may have to put a port forward on for port 25.

Does anyone use Peerblock? I've had it installed on my 'torrenting' machine for years and haven't received any notices so I assume it's doing a job for me!

Back