Enforced organ Donation

bonus2010

VIP Member
Organ Harvesting

organ.jpg

As from 21st March 2021, the law regarding "organ donation" changes in Scotland to assume that you have given consent.

Something of which I completely disagree with as it was a perfectly good system prior to this change. I think the first I heard
where this type of law change has occured was in Wales.

Here's link to opt out in Scotland

Opt out form | Organ Donation Scotland

What's the system adopted in your country with regard to organs?

Last edited:
I can't really see the point of this, all you have to do if you don't want your organs donated is opt out, the system before made it stressful at the point of death ( having to ask relatives if they had ever thought of organ donorship! During a grieving period)

I can't really see the point of this, all you have to do if you don't want your organs donated is opt out, the system before made it stressful at the point of death ( having to ask relatives if they had ever thought of organ donorship! During a grieving period)
I definately don't agree with asking relatives at the point of death if they want to allow the harvesting of organs, I think that's absolutely out of order and
disrespectful and should never have been allowed, when there's been years and decades prior to the event for that person to make a decision on whether
to allow organ donation, and to have registered for organ donation.

I definately don't agree with asking relatives at the point of death if they want to allow the harvesting of organs, I think that's absolutely out of order and
disrespectful and should never have been allowed, when there's been years and decades prior to the event for that person to make a decision on whether
to allow organ donation, and to have registered for organ donation.
The problem is there is a lot of people like me that can't be arsed to get a donor card! But have no objections to donorship! All you have to do is Not opt out! Not too difficult!

The problem is there is a lot of people like me that can't be arsed to get a donor card! But have no objections to donorship! All you have to do is Not opt out! Not too difficult!

Well, if its too difficult for you or people like you, in your own words "who can't be.....a..", then it should definately be regarded as too difficult for me or people like me
who strongly object to being dictated to and bullied by assuming that I've given consent to register online. So even worse, we've got people who havn't consented
through not being bothered to register or are not aware. I think that's a far worse situation... That's why I replace the word "donar" with "harvesting"

I'm a member of facebook group on this subject, and I've found people that are shocked to find out that consent has been assumed.

Btw, your first point about considering relatives feelings at the point of death is not valid as a consideration because further reading, I have found that they are still going to consult relatives at the
point of death.

It's definately not a change of law for the better. A better idea would've been to promote it better than assume consent.

You seem to spend some time on social media! Take some time to opt in! Having to state you don't want to to have any of your organs harvested is hardly being bullied more like whingeing! We are not going to agree and you probably think they are taking away your freedom? if you opt in, you can keep your organs! and your freedom!

They wouldn’t have changed it if it was a perfectly good system . Someones death could be put to positive use by giving some else a perfectly good life instead of a shortened life. They can take what they want from me , they’ll be no use to me. Your not being dictated to or bullied , you still have the same choice , just a different way of choosing it.

You seem to spend some time on social media! Take some time to opt in! Having to state you don't want to to have any of your organs harvested is hardly being bullied more like whingeing! We are not going to agree and you probably think they are taking away your freedom? if you opt in, you can keep your organs! and your freedom!

I see as bullying, as the government is demanding an answer, whereas, the old system it was voluntary to answer as is with donation. You're right though, I'm delighted to disagree with you :)

I see as bullying, as the government is demanding an answer, whereas, the old system it was voluntary to answer as is with donation. You're right though, I'm delighted to disagree with you :)
So your saying you wouldn't give your organs to a young person/adult who had the chance of a better life and not have a short lived life.
But you feel the government is bullying you/people to consent to giving organs ect
But let me guess you wouldn't feel that way if it was you or a family member that needed an organ would you turn it down if you had the chance.
All these people that say they would donate is because they want to give people a better life and knowing that it gives more people time with loved ones.
@Toddy2 is right spend less time on social media and in all these groups and you may see it differently

Can I just say that It's not mandatory to give your organs, you just have to opt out of it.
In regards to my personal view on it, well when I die, they can take the feckin lot, just not my eyes, I want to see where I'm going when I pass over to the other side, it's its not blue sky's and beer on tap then I want to go somewhere else!!!! And I hope that they can use something that will hopefully save someone's family some heartache but again, it's a personal choice and whatever you choose is also ok

So your saying you wouldn't give your organs to a young person/adult who had the chance of a better life and not have a short lived life.
But you feel the government is bullying you/people to consent to giving organs ect
But let me guess you wouldn't feel that way if it was you or a family member that needed an organ would you turn it down if you had the chance.
All these people that say they would donate is because they want to give people a better life and knowing that it gives more people time with loved ones.
@Toddy2 is right spend less time on social media and in all these groups and you may see it differently

I'm saying the system prior to the changes was perfect, if I wanted to freely donate organs, I could Opt in.

Its coming across to me, that due to the change that's took place, the government is demanding an "answer" because
it feels, people haven't bothered to "opt in". I shouldn't be put to any bother or inconvenience, that should be
for people who want to donate.

No, I'm not saying I wouldn't give my organs, but just not for free, that's all. I would prefer to sell them to pass on proceeds to
the beneficiaries of my estate. (well, they'll have the funeral expenses etc... , they're not for free) So, in that respect, I'm as keen as anyone else
to help others :)

Can't imagine I'd ever want an organ, I think its best to accept when your times up.

Can I just say that It's not mandatory to give your organs, you just have to opt out of it.
In regards to my personal view on it, well when I die, they can take the feckin lot, just not my eyes, I want to see where I'm going when I pass over to the other side, it's its not blue sky's and beer on tap then I want to go somewhere else!!!! And I hope that they can use something that will hopefully save someone's family some heartache but again, it's a personal choice and whatever you choose is also ok

it wasn't mandatory before the changes either... AND it wasn't mandatory to give your decision either ;)

I personally find the term 'organ harvesting' very insensitive and inappropriate. Might be a good phrase to use regarding the Chinese system where if sentenced to death you also loose most of your vital organs. In this country its a donation you can make or opt out of, freedom of choice, yes? In the event you have not opted out, your family is still consulted to ascertain if you had expressed any desire not to donate which if you have will be respected. Bottom line is organ donation is saving lives and if we can make it more efficient it gets my vote as I dont see everything the state does from a totally negative viewpoint.

I'm saying the system prior to the changes was perfect, if I wanted to freely donate organs, I could Opt in.

It wasn't perfect, there was a shortage of organs being donated - people are dying awaiting life saving transplants and it's quite crass to call the system perfect just because it suited your laziness. Good organs are being burned and buried every day, many of those organs belonged to people who had no objection to them being transplanted, they just hadn't taken the time to register as a donor.

For perspective, you've spent more time trolling about it on this thread than it'd take you to opt out.

The old system you had had to opt in ! Get a donor card, take up of cards is low but the need for organs high! So new system will make it easier if you opt out! Obviously making more available, @bonus2010 won't have a problem as he may need a Corona virus passport to donate!

I can see the point been made globally organs are in short demand and even some spending ott rates on illegal organs. More organs out there will save more lives reduce hospital waiting times and your wildest dream has come true!

YOU CHANGED SEX :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It wasn't perfect, there was a shortage of organs being donated - people are dying awaiting life saving transplants and it's quite crass to call the system perfect just because it suited your laziness. Good organs are being burned and buried every day, many of those organs belonged to people who had no objection to them being transplanted, they just hadn't taken the time to register as a donor.

For perspective, you've spent more time trolling about it on this thread than it'd take you to opt out.

Well, as far as I'm concerned the system was perfect, that's my opinion, you've got yours. If there was problems getting organs, it wasn't due to the system, it was, again my opinion, a lack of promotion
in attracting the attention of those who would willingly donate but hadn't opted in.

And, it's not a question of time it takes to "opt ou", it is the principle that I shouldn't need to officially opt out of anything. I shouldn't need to lift a single finger.

Well, as far as I'm concerned the system was perfect, that's my opinion, you've got yours. If there was problems getting organs, it wasn't due to the system, it was, again my opinion, a lack of promotion
in attracting the attention of those who would willingly donate but hadn't opted in.

And, it's not a question of time it takes to "opt ou", it is the principle that I shouldn't need to officially opt out of anything. I shouldn't need to lift a single finger.
Is there not an unwritten understanding/belief/moral duty that we should do our upmost to help our fellow man/woman? and if you dont want to contribute to the common cause of saving lives 'opt out.' I find your comment that you should not have to lift your little finger appalling and nothing to do with principles, not when life and death are the issues.

Back