EPG and Timer recordings not working

Rudeypooh

Hi all, completely new to the Blade world as today is my first day with a box already setup. I've managed to get the 7 day EPG data working thanks to the great help from this awesome website. I'm struggling with actually recording using the EPG data aswell as manually setting up timers. When it comes to the beginning of the programme the timer vanishes from the timer list and nothing records. Furthermore, live tv recording I.e. pausing rewinding works flawlessly. I've now tried 3 separate hard drives all formatted in Fat32.

Wonder if anyone could shed some light on this matter.

Thanks in advance

Just use the seven day EPG to record from.

Scroll along to what ever program you want to record.

Push the little (round) red button on your remote.

When you move off the program, it should be highlighted in red.

Thats it !

The box can be left on or on standby and recording will start at the appropriate
time.

To unselect it just scroll to the program again push the red button again and the program
will go back to its normal colour.(y)

If your HDD is working on live recordings and playing back as normal
it wont be a problem with that.

Last edited:
Just use the seven day EPG to record from.

Scroll along to what ever program you want to record.

Push the little (round) red button on your remote.

When you move off the program, it should be highlighted in red.

Thats it !

The box can be left on or on standby and recording will start at the appropriate
time.

To unselect it just scroll to the program again push the red button again and the program
will go back to its normal colour.(y)

If your HDD is working on live recordings and playing back as normal
it wont be a problem with that.

Thanks for the reply dude, but that's the problem. After doing all the steps you have mentioned the recording just does not happen. Whether I set it up via pressing the red button on the epg guide or as a manual timer. Bit of a strange one :/

I formatted my HDD via the installation menu
on the blade.

Tried doing it on the computer but it wouldn't see
it properly how are you formating them ?

Do you get "PVR Ready" message when you switch it on from standby mode ?

It may be worth mentioning what firmware version you are
using as someone will ask for it :)

I formatted my HDD via the installation menu
on the blade.

Tried doing it on the computer but it wouldn't see
it properly how are you formating them ?

Do you get "PVR Ready" message when you switch it on from standby mode ?

It may be worth mentioning what firmware version you are
using as someone will ask for it :)

I'm using the fat32 format tool on Windows 7 to format the drives into one,active partition. Then connecting the HDD to the Blade receiver and re-formatting using Disk Management found under Utilities.

Soon as the drive is connected to the box I am getting the "PVR Ready" message, but the strange thing is, when I put the box into standby, I lose all of the EPG data when the box is switched back on. So, currently I am leaving the box always switched on to prevent this this happening. Not sure how it is supposed to be loaded back upon switching the box back on.

Under System Info. the S/W Version is 1.22p (Apr 11 2011)

Why don't you try reflashing with the jan 5 2012 file ?
It might be a firmware glitch.

A link is in the sticky at the top of this section.

The EPG will go missing when the box is swiched off but it will
populate again when you go onto the EPG channel, its takes
about 5 - 10 mins to show all the data but is usually has most of what
you need after about 30 secs to 1 min

Why don't you try reflashing with the jan 5 2012 file ?
It might be a firmware glitch.

A link is in the sticky at the top of this section.

The EPG will go missing when the box is swiched off but it will
populate again when you go onto the EPG channel, its takes
about 5 - 10 mins to show all the data but is usually has most of what
you need after about 30 secs to 1 min

I got this box with everything pre-installed in terms of the CS settings etc. Reflashing the box would mean entering all this data in again right?

Not too sure to be honest, you should be able to
type in 9991 and that will bring up your cline details.

Make a note of them and re enter them after re flashing if they get wiped, its always good to have a copy of them anyway.

Or you could always email your provider and get the settings off them

It isnt difficult to enter the cline data.

If you are not sure about doing this maybe post another thread under this
subjects heading and you will probably get a quick response and a definate answer.:)

also see this thread

HTML:
http://www.techkings.org/blade-media-satellite/33106-backing-up-cs-info.html

Last edited:
Thanks for this buddy, great help. I'll contact the seller and get the PIN as everything is restricted.

Just another question, the channel list that is currently on the box has got the 7 day epg download at the bottom of every group, and has all the sly channels. Is this the channel list from the Blade online section on the box? If not, how do I go about saving the channel list?

I am pretty sure you can save and reload the channel list.
As far as I am aware you can then create your own list of favorites and put them in a preferred
order I think the file is a CFD file.

I have never been that keen as to bother lol

But i wouldnt worry too much about that as if you search on astra 28 it will
just re load the list and the box sorts out all the groups.

Post back and let us know how you get on and then new member reading these
threads will know how to resolve the problems, helps others if it is not left
open ended.

Just a guess but have you tried typing 0000 for the pin ?

Last edited:
"But i wouldnt worry too much about that as if you search on astra 28 it will
just re load the list and the box sorts out all the groups."

Would this be via the Blade Online option?

Will do, soon as I have the PIN I can get the ball rolling (wish my luck!). Yup tried 0000/9991 but it has defiantly been changed.

I'm struggling with actually recording using the EPG data aswell as manually setting up timers. When it comes to the beginning of the programme the timer vanishes from the timer list and nothing records. Furthermore, live tv recording I.e. pausing rewinding works flawlessly. I've now tried 3 separate hard drives all formatted in Fat32.

I've also been having the same recording problems as Rudeypooh over the last few months but have also had recordings disappear that were on my 750GB hard drive for some reason?? Recordings on hard drive are around 250GB mark.

Seems to be HD channel recordings that are the problem on my BM7000s.

Running S/W version Oct 5 20117e*

Edit

I have just looked at the contents of my hard drive from the blade on my pc and my missing recording from lastnight is showing on there in 4 split parts, 001file,002file,003file and tsfile and all play on media player classic. Why is it not showing on the 7000 though??

Can you check your hard drive contents Rudeypooh to see if yours shows on your pc?

Last edited:
I've also been having the same recording problems as Rudeypooh over the last few months but have also had recordings disappear that were on my 750GB hard drive for some reason?? Recordings on hard drive are around 250GB mark.

Seems to be HD channel recordings that are the problem on my BM7000s.

Running S/W version Oct 5 20117e*

Edit

I have just looked at the contents of my hard drive from the blade on my pc and my missing recording from lastnight is showing on there in 4 split parts, 001file,002file,003file and tsfile and all play on media player classic. Why is it not showing on the 7000 though??

Can you check your hard drive contents Rudeypooh to see if yours shows on your pc?

Strange problem buddy, I could give the HDD a check on the PC but I don't think i'll have much success, as when the timer is supposed to start the HDD light is idle - but i'll still have a look.

Just waiting to get the PIN number for my box so I can backup the cline info. and channel list.

UPDATE: Still waiting on the PIN code to save the cline info. But after doing some research, appears when updating the firmware with an unofficial version you do not lose your cline info that is already stored on the box. I conjured up the courage and carried out the update using the firmware mentioned in a previous post - 5th Jan 2012.

To my delight all the recording issues have been sorted, both EPG recordings and manual timers. Furthermore it does appear to save the EPG data onto the HDD when putting it into standby.

One little issue I have noticed though, at times when you put the box into standby, you hear the HDD saving the data, but the little red dot does not re-appear on the front of the box, due to this the box then cannot be switched back on, its stuck in like a crashed/frozen state, forcing you to switch the unit of from the power button located at the back of the box. Due to this reason, the only workaround I think think of and suggest, is leaving your box always on - not putting it into standby mode at all.

Again, thank you to all who have helped and pointed me into the right direction, this thread will definitely help someone in the future who is new to the Blade world like I was...now time to enjoy the box in all its recording glory! =D

Hi,

I found this works for me, make sure theres no on screen displaying.. i.e channel info, wait till it disappears then you can press standbye. All your epg is saved to hdd and your box goes into standbye correctly.

Hope this helps.

Regards

3EF

Believe others have had issues with HD recording
I read a post a while back suggesting changing your settings
to 1080i instead of 1080p

Think that seemed to sort it out. I havn't had a problem
myself so I havent had to mess with the settings.

Hi,

I found this works for me, make sure theres no on screen displaying.. i.e channel info, wait till it disappears then you can press standbye. All your epg is saved to hdd and your box goes into standbye correctly.

Hope this helps.

Regards

3EF

Thank you buddy, seems to have done the trick, wait for any channel display information to clear then put the box in standby =)

One little issue I have noticed though, at times when you put the box into standby, you hear the HDD saving the data, but the little red dot does not re-appear on the front of the box, due to this the box then cannot be switched back on, its stuck in like a crashed/frozen state, forcing you to switch the unit of from the power button located at the back of the box.

Don't pull the USB or turn the box off at this step. In the readme that came with the 6/9/11 firmware it said this:-

7 Day EPG save function added. When Standby is selected when box is connected to a USB memory device EPG data is saved. The save process takes 10-15 seconds. When box turned back on, the saved file will be installed. (The loading process will take 10-15 seconds and then EPG channel list will appear normally).

The delay you see is when it is saving the epg data out to your usb. And the delay when you turn it back on is when it is loading it back in. (You tend to get no channels listed for a few seconds).

Back