epg patchy

jibbbbbb

Hi all , box has been running perfect since I installed new mgcam but I have noticed my epg is very patchy for a few hours on start up then eventually it will be ok but only on the cable side , my sky epg is perfect , can live with it but if I could get it sorted the box would then be perfect in ever way . Thanks

set a timer up when asleep daily after midnight (i do mine at 6am) to zap to channel 100 this will update your cable epg daily from VM
this will turn your box on zap to 100 as no input after 3 mins on remote after zap it will turn off box EPG updated the easy way

cheers baz hows thing with you thank you for advise could you possibly give me a link to what you have suggested cause you lost me abit cheers baz for your help

Last edited:
all good here mate
no link mate found this out myself lol

go menu
timers
timers again
green to add
name call it EPG UPDATE or something along them lines
change type from record to zap
change once to repeat and daily
change channel to 100 virgin preview channel
and change times to suit (say on time at 4am)
then green to save

it will show in your timers every day now and move to the next day on its own no more input needed from you

the box will turn on zap to 100 as no response from a user it will turn off after 3 mins all auto

next time you turn on box your will have upto the 6th day EPG fulfilled from the day you are on
it really is that easy

if your epg is not updated fully now put it on channel 100 now for 3/5 mins and then check your epg you will find this also works at any time of the day but only upto the 6th days from the day you are on

let me know how you get on bud

i never set up my epg like that and never used a zap,epg refresh yes and mine is patchy,but my list has many none used channels at this moment eg,sky christmas etc.they only work when channels is renamed as before xmas it worked.

I had issues with box crashing and after removing epg refresh the crashing stopped doing it this way I do I don't have any gaps in my epg either not that I have noticed anyway

as like sat that get renamed ,my epg goes to the channel that takes its place,irl might differ as we have 007 non working at this time of year,star wars and others still in the list but not broadcasting.
we dont have a working abm so list is from first scan.in case your based in irl and scratching something lol.

thank you baz just tried the 5 min trick on channel 100 all good weeks epg , now I've set up as you said see if its all good tomorrow cheers mate ,,, and yes my Christmas channel has gone as well think its some romantic thing now be watching it that alot lol cheers mate

Glad it worked for you I have been doing it this way since November if you ever need to power down the box by the switch at the back it will reset your epg so just do the same again the zap timer will still be set tho

all good here mate

go menu
timers
timers again
green to add
then green to save

it will show in your timers every day now and move to the next day on its own no more input needed from you

the box will turn on zap to 100 as no response from a user it will turn off after 3 mins all auto

next time you turn on box your will have upto the 6th day EPG fulfilled from the day you are on
it really is that easy

if your epg is not updated fully now put it on channel 100 now for 3/5 mins and then check your epg you will find this also works at any time of the day but only upto the 6th days from the day you are on

. forgot to say thank you baz all working great now for the week cheers

all good here mate

go menu
timers
timers again
green to add
then green to save

it really is that easy

. forgot to say thank you baz all working great now for the week cheers

glad its working for you saves having to use a plugin to get the EPG

Back