EPG streaming source file not auto updating - EPG Importer

jazz

I have a problem with EPG Importer. For some reason the supplier of my streaming service EPG source file will not populate when set to auto update on EPG importer. If I choose the manual update it will update slowly.

The UK freesat EPG is updating fine on the auto update.

Any ideas please?

I have a problem with EPG Importer. For some reason the supplier of my streaming service EPG source file will not populate when set to auto update on EPG importer. If I choose the manual update it will update slowly.

The UK freesat EPG is updating fine on the auto update.

Any ideas please?
Check that you have free space on your usb/hdd

EPG data is set to be stored on the hard drive which (2Tb size), so plenty of free space.

It is set to wake up and import. Does the "Clearing current EPG before Import" have to be enabled or not?

Just carried out another test with changing the time, cleared epg cache, set EPG Importer for the providers source file only and enabled CrossEPG to do the Freesat/Sky EPG and rebooted the system and it now seems to be populating. See what happens overnight when I reset the auto timers for early morning.

epgimporter.jpg

It is set to wake up and import. Does the "Clearing current EPG before Import" have to be enabled or not?

Just carried out another test with changing the time, cleared epg cache, set EPG Importer for the providers source file only and enabled CrossEPG to do the Freesat/Sky EPG and rebooted the system and it now seems to be populating. See what happens overnight when I reset the auto timers for early morning.

View attachment 97924
You'd be better clearing the old data yes, also it doesn't need to be daily, twice a week is enough

I still have a problem. When the auto update happens overnight it's stuck on the provider's EPG source, i.e. 0 import. I have to reboot the receiver to clear this import and then I can carry out a manual update instead.

Is there an alternative plugin than EPG Importer for the iptv? I use CrossEPG for the freesat EPG and that works fine.

Or any other suggestions I can try?

I still have a problem. When the auto update happens overnight it's stuck on the provider's EPG source, i.e. 0 import. I have to reboot the receiver to clear this import and then I can carry out a manual update instead.

Is there an alternative plugin than EPG Importer for the iptv? I use CrossEPG for the freesat EPG and that works fine.

Turn off automatic update.
Do it manually once or twice a week

try setting it to update during the day see what happens or are you sure crossepg is not deleating iptv epg if that is set to run after epgimporter. also most set epgimporter from 07.00 onwards

i have ABM set to run first 07.00 then BMX (BouquetsMakerXtream i,e, new jedimaker) 07:10 then Epgimporter 07:20 and EpgRefresh for Freeview only 07:30-08:30

Last edited:
i already have insert my iptv list with putty is there any change for me to use epg importer after that?

Turn off automatic update.
Do it manually once or twice a week
I am still struggling to get this EPG working. I turned off automatic updates on EPG Importer and I was able to do manual updates for a while, however this has also stopped working, stuck on 0 imports.

The freesat EPG is fine using crossepg. It's the iptv on epgimporter that is the problem, is there an alternative for using a different source other than providers epg source file?

I am still struggling to get this EPG working. I turned off automatic updates on EPG Importer and I was able to do manual updates for a while, however this has also stopped working, stuck on 0 imports.

The freesat EPG is fine using crossepg. It's the iptv on epgimporter that is the problem, is there an alternative for using a different source other than providers epg source file?
Is your hdd/usb full?
You should set it to delete epg before import, if sounds like you are using up space and its got nowhere to download to

Hdd is 2Tb in size so plenty of space. I also tried using the internal flash drive for the epg storage exactly the same problem. I suspect the problem maybe something to do with the suppliers source file?

Hdd is 2Tb in size so plenty of space. I also tried using the internal flash drive for the epg storage exactly the same problem. I suspect the problem maybe something to do with the suppliers source file?
In post #5 above you have got 'clear current epg before import' set to no
Change this to yes
Reboot the device and try a manual import

Checked the xmltv.xml file stored in EPG Importer and there's no data with a 0Kb size. Could this be the problem?

Checked the xmltv.xml file stored in EPG Importer and there's no data with a 0Kb size. Could this be the problem?
yes you need epg_id in the files that is not epg importer problem try updating your playlist again with what ever pluging you use jedemaker or bouquetsmakerxtream then check epgimport xml files to see if epg_id's are there for your provider.

Back