EPG update error tuner lock timeout.

sramsay

Is there a way to update the epg without both cables plugged in? My father only has a single feed from the sat dish and can't add another as it's a communal dish in sheltered housing.

Probably not but can't hurt to ask.

Thanks guys

Yes, you need to disable whichever tuner you don't have a cable going into. Then delete bouquets from ABM, then do a fresh channel scan (not ABM but a proper tuner scan) and then run ABM again. You then won't get the tuner lock and autoupdates of channel lists and ABM will run fine.

Make sure to do in the order above!

Yes, you need to disable whichever tuner you don't have a cable going into. Then delete bouquets from ABM, then do a fresh channel scan (not ABM but a proper tuner scan) and then run ABM again. You then won't get the tuner lock and autoupdates of channel lists and ABM will run fine.

Thanks mtpockets. I will give this a go. I was thinking it would come down to a weekly visit to swap the cable, manual download then swap back which would be a nuisance.

Hi, I'm having a similar problem. I'm not getting any signal into Tuner B and I live in an apartment which makes repairing the LNB difficult. I wondered if there was a way to manually update the EPG/Channel list via USB like on the old openbox. Most Sly channels are working apart from the ones which have recently had the frequency changed. Or alternatively, what's the best work around to solve my issue?

Thanks

With ABM, you don't need to do a regular tuner scan 1st. Just setup the box to use whatever tuner you have and run the ABM.

Back