ET8500 new unit, lots of problems!

boobishabang

TK Veteran
So i bit the bullet and purchased a twin sat ET8500 thats where the fun ended!

locks up watching TV, changing channels, switching skins, flashing images, running ABM, crossEPG you name it and the box crashes and locks up doing it, anyone else had issues with these? safe to say ill be returning it and sticking with the old Zgemma H2S in the meantime! or am i doing something wrong thats so obvious its right under my nose??!!

So i bit the bullet and purchased a twin sat ET8500 thats where the fun ended!

locks up watching TV, changing channels, switching skins, flashing images, running ABM, crossEPG you name it and the box crashes and locks up doing it, anyone else had issues with these? safe to say ill be returning it and sticking with the old Zgemma H2S in the meantime! or am i doing something wrong thats so obvious its right under my nose??!!

Have you tried a backup image?

Maybe try another image...

OpenVix or OpenATV.

Had mine for 6 months and biggest waste of money on any box i have owned.
Was forever freezing and doing strange things for no reason.
Tried both lots of firmware and different skins and never made much difference.
Recently finished a proper version of Wooshbuild for it and it began to actually respond not to bad until 10 days ago for no reason, it decided to become totally non responsive !
I can use it via webif so i have no idea whether the box is at fault or the remote has packed up.
Being in Spain is a pain the arse at times like this and i will be paying a visit to a certain supplier when next in the UK !
My advice to anybody thinking about buying one of these boxes is "don't waster your money"

tried openvix which was shipped on it, and tried openatv both wooshbuild and factory image, all have same results, im thinking the same as beni to be honest, having setup 20+ zgemmas without any issues i cant see that its down to something im doing wrong!

Seems like a faulty box,I have the same one and works fantasic and runs iptv so get all the HD channels to

the longest its been usable for is literally 10 minutes, then it needs powering off/on via rear switch to get it back to being responsive

Should be a 2 year warranty if you got it fom a certain supplier so just return or exchange it

Can't believe it...a whole thread pointing out problems with a "supported" box and loads of posts bigging up the Zgemma

Bees is surprisingly quiet lol

read on another forum someone else had similar issues which was down to setting a static IP for the box, I also had a static IP set via address reservation in the router, could that really cause so many issues!? packed my unit all back in the box now but maybe worth one more test over weekend before returning it

Setting a reservation in the router is the right way to do it as then the rest of the network will know what is going on. By setting it only at the box end means it is telling the router how it should be, but the router may have already given that IP address out.

If you have them both set the same on box and router I see no issue at all.

if it was my box i would flash with current image ,setup your cams,abm and epg .epg i like to go to micro usb 8gb ,forget about skins and picons and see how box works,DONT USE SETTINGS RESTORE.

are you using a nline and faulty mg_cfg file?

did you follow bees tut in setting up as bit surprised your having all these issues.

thinking about it i had a dabble with the box while in work today, using a dhcp reservation address on standalone network and didnt see the same problems, but then i didnt have any sat feeds connected so was just loading skins and plugins etc, didnt have any hanging\locking issues that required a full power cycle to fix

- - - Updated - - -

if it was my box i would flash with current image ,setup your cams,abm and epg .epg i like to go to micro usb 8gb ,forget about skins and picons and see how box works,DONT USE SETTINGS RESTORE.

are you using a nline and faulty mg_cfg file?

did you follow bees tut in setting up as bit surprised your having all these issues.

using oscam and done the fresh image, ABM, EPG etc all with plenty of locking up

Back