Ethernet socket not working on solo 2 box

bull1888

Hi, I have just noticed that I don't have my ethernet socket working on the back my box. I tried 3 different cables that work other devices. I tried to set up a wireless dongle I have but the box won't show it in the network menu and I can't connect it to see if there are any plugins to activate the usb dongle.

Any pointers on what I should do next? Can I connect straight to my laptop in any way to try and install or check plugins etc.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated

Stuart

did you try the usual fix of rebooting box and router and recheck network test?
Thanks for the reply. Checked all of that and just re tried it again.Rebooted it all and shows a tick at LAN connection then no other boxes are ticked. local network unticked, DCHP disabled IP address unconfirmed Nameserver unconfirmed.

Looks like the ethernet socket is knackered. Can I down load a wifi plugin and loadit in on a usb stick to try and setup a wifi connection?

Looks like it's going in for repair, I had a box doing the same thing once.

Turned out to be a fault on the board and not the actual connection.

Hi cactkid, Just rebooting it just now with a dongle in the front usb port and hopefully it will pick it up.

Got a fix by getting a Belkin Wifi antenna. More or less a plug and play.Just in case anyone has the same problem with the ethernet socket.

Back