Ethernet splitter

Hi guys!!

The father in law is obviously loving the new box but the mother in law has a talk talk box for catch up (which she has a few months left to pay)!!

Would an ethernet splitter work?? I've seen a rj45 which seems to be the correct one!! ( still unsure)

Was wondering if it would have any effect on the h2s??

Thanks

Rhodz

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

What you need is called a switch. Usually picked up in a 5 port variety. Basically your current Ethernet wire goes into that. Then you get 2 more Ethernet cables and run from that box to each of your devices.
If the router is nearby just run another cable from that to the 2nd box

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

That is a link to a 5 port switch. The cable that currently goes into your zgemma from your router goes into that switch instead then you have a network cable from the switch into the zgemma & switch to the talk talk box. Won't affect the zgemma since its only using small amounts of data other than IPTV.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!! Probably should have mentioned that we're using the ethernet cable from a talk talk home plug!! Would that make a difference to using the switch??

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Been using a TPlink 5 way splitter for years with no issue. Currently £6.49 in Amazon I believe. Been a lifesaver.

Back