f3 newbie to other newbies

dbu60

Hi got my box a couple of weeks ago & everything is fine now but had a problem updating cline via usb when writing in notepad the problem was caused by the document being saved as a txt doc & not cfg although the txt extention was not visable just thought i'd post this has proberbly been covered b4. To view common file extentions disable :hide common file extentions in folder options . Dave

I have never understood why Windows turns off file extensions by default. When I'm working with files, I like to know what kind of file it is without having to hover the mouse over it. :madsware:

I have never understood why Windows turns off file extensions by default. When I'm working with files, I like to know what kind of file it is without having to hover the mouse over it. :madsware:

mainly because it'd cause a lot of problems for people that don't know what extensions do or mean

windows 7 has the feature that it doesn't include the extension when you go to rename the file now too so i don't see the issue myself

Back