Facebook Help Needed with ticker

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Hi Gang,
Really random question, I have just created a new account for my wife on face book, and on the right hand side, there is a box for telling you which of your friends are online (2 in the picture), however on my account, I have a half screen of this, and another half telling me what my friends have posted, what they have clicked likes to, etc (1 on the picture, I dont know what it is called.
Now I have been through the settings page, and anywhere that I can think of, but I cannot set her page up the same way, does anyone know how this can be done??
Cheers.

HERE IS A SCREENSHOT

facebook picture.jpg

See pictures Wheelo, you can show or hide things in the sidebar via blue arrows.

Top right.
sticker.jpg
Bottom right.
sticker 2.jpg

I have the hide side bar option, I don't have the top one on either of our pages (show ticker)

facebook 2.jpg

Click to hide sidebar then press and hold Ctrl and F5.

Ticker should then show top right.

Now click ticker then chick chat at the bottom right, works for me on both FF and chrome. I don't use IE because its crap so can't test it on that lol.

That works on my account, probably because, I somehow set it up some time ago, it doesn't however work on Ash's (because it isn't set up) it works on all three browsers on my acc, not for the better halfs.
any other ideas?

Okay, guys, you can relax now, the answer is here>>

untitled.JPG

Thanks for your help HT, she just has to get busy on facebook

was just about to post this wheelo

Ticker only shows up for people with a certain level of account activity. If you don't see ticker, it's probably because you don't use Facebook a lot, so there's not enough content to make ticker useful to you.

But see you found the answer LOL

sorry Wheelo not been about. there is also a thing i use on fb called social fixer
Code:
http://socialfixer.com/
works on most browsers except IE - can have a few bugs on Chrome but works ok on FF its simple to use ( its also free but you can donate) basically you can change certain things to suit you. x

Yeah, when the sidebar first came out, there were alot of complaints about it. There were quite a few links passed around on how to disable it....especially for those of us who mainly use crackbook for games.

Back