Fastest Enigma2 boxes with terrestrial tuner?

I am looking to upgrade my aging Vu+ Duo2 as it is painfully slow navigating menus, downloading bouquets and has a visibly slower refresh rate compared to my Edison Mio.

Since i am painfully behind on the E2 scene, i was hoping someone could give me a recommendation on a fast box with a terrestrial tuner in terms of raw CPU, RAM and NAND.

I got as far as ordering a Vu+ Uno 4k SE before realising that they have stopped developing this model. The Gigablue UHD UE 4k looked viable but only seems to come with a Sat tuner.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4k and a Vu+duo4k and both are great boxes but no terrestrial tuner connection. I have never used terrestrial but could you not use a sat to coax adaptor. Maybe someone else can comment on this.

Yeah i heard the receivers with FBC tuners may be on the way out. Shame if true.

You could go for the AX HD61 or Octagon SF8008 Zgemma H7 Combo receivers, these are not in the same league as the Uno 4k or the Gigablue UE but would still be an upgrade on a Duo2.

I have a Gigablue UHD UE 4k and a Vu+duo4k and both are great boxes but no terrestrial tuner connection. I have never used terrestrial but could you not use a sat to coax adaptor. Maybe someone else can comment on this.
I hadn't considered using an adapter. Would that work? If so, that opens the door to so many more options.

Yeah i heard the receivers with FBC tuners may be on the way out. Shame if true.

You could go for the AX HD61 or Octagon SF8008 Zgemma H7 Combo receivers, these are not in the same league as the Uno 4k or the Gigablue UE but would still be an upgrade on a Duo2.
Thanks Ferret. I looked at the Octagon but the 1GB RAM puts me off a bit. The AX HD61 looks incredible but I can't find it at any reputable sellers.

no sure what about xbox one digital tv tuner they are supposed to work on enigma2 but not certain on what stbs

USB DVB-T tuners will not work on the Gigablue 4K receivers. Apparently works in Germany.

The DUO 4K SE with an FBC tuner for satellite and MTSIF tuner for Terrestrial may be the only viable new receiver. Sadly the market/design is not well adapted for hybrid devices. You could always use the Duo2 for a fallback tuner or use a USB tuner.

USB DVB-T tuners will not work on the Gigablue 4K receivers. Apparently works in Germany.

The DUO 4K SE with an FBC tuner for satellite and MTSIF tuner for Terrestrial may be the only viable new receiver. Sadly the market/design is not well adapted for hybrid devices. You could always use the Duo2 for a fallback tuner or use a USB tuner.
Thanks all. I'm going to go with the Vu Uno 4K SE and hope that image makers still support it for the foreseeable future.

Uno4KSE with MTSIF dvb-t2 tuner, Duo4KSE with same tuner or Pulse 4K / AX61 HD (they are the same boxes) are the only real options if you want more than 1gb ram.

Duo4KSE and Pulse / AX 61 will give the option of sat + terrestrial.

Uno4KSE is going to be terrestrial only, unless you use a usb tuner.

Wild card, is the Qviart Dual, which has 2gb ram, and a sat + combo tuner, so will do what you want, but it's not as fast as the Vu+ boxes.

Last edited:
Uno4KSE with MTSIF dvb-t2 tuner, Duo4KSE with same tuner or Pulse 4K / AX61 HD (they are the same boxes) are the only real options if you want more than 1gb ram.

Duo4KSE and Pulse / AX 61 will give the option of sat + terrestrial.

Uno4KSE is going to be terrestrial only, unless you use a usb tuner.

Wild card, is the Qviart Dual, which has 2gb ram, and a sat + combo tuner, so will do what you want, but it's not as fast as the Vu+ boxes.
Think the dual has the same processor as the ax61. When i looked this morning at least the last digits of the chip were the same. With the Hisilicon HI3798MV200 chip.

Think the dual has the same processor as the ax61. When i looked this morning at least the last digits of the chip were the same.
It does have the same processor as the AX61 / Pulse 4K.

But it is still slower than the Vu+ boxes (although probably 90% of that is down to the remote control not being the best).

It does have the same processor as the AX61 / Pulse 4K.

But it is still slower than the Vu+ boxes (although probably 90% of that is down to the remote control not being the best).
I find that its as fast if not faster than my solo 4k. I do really like the dual even with its quirks.

I find that its as fast if not faster than my solo 4k. I do really like the dual even with its quirks.
I just find the remote is not responsive enough, and find myself pressing ok or the up button several times before it does anything.

I find the Dual on E2 is slower than my SF8008 even with more ram. And it gets no where near my UE speed wise.

Also the Solo4K was the 1st 4K box, so it's specs are not the best, it is 1.5ghz dual core (Dual is 1.6ghz quad core), and although the Solo4K has 2gb ram, atleast half of that is reserved for "system", so it only gets around 900mb - 1gb free to actually use.

Back