FAULTY BOX?? Help please.

Hi All,

I'll try to be brief... I have 2 V8s boxes running on a 1 cam file that i was told can have multiroom. 1 box setup perfectly no problems at all. The second box is being a little temperamental. It is saying the dns is online but still shows all channels as scrambled. I know the connection is good because it works on the other box upstairs. I have tried a factory reset, updated firmware, manually installed cam file and tried to update by usb also but every time i reset the box it says online but still scrambled.

ANY IDEAS? Thanks in advance :)

Adam

Have you switched the boxes and tried the bad one in place of the one that is working ?

hi benijofar, connected to the same router, in exactly the same way. have turned off the power to the working box and tried a fresh install but still shows as scrambled.

Try the weather app or you tube app to see if your box is getting a working internet connection.

Why not just get a test line and see if it works then you have the answer

Ive tried a second line and no joy, it's connecting to the net because the line appears online. Just wondering if I'm missing a setting or something after updating firmware and doing a factory reset?

Ive had a good flick through alot of channels and i seem to be getting most, like discovery etc but no sports or movies, im confused as they work perfectly on the box upstairs that has the same cline and supplier allows multiroom. im stumped.

Have you physically switched the box locations to ascertain if it's the box or the connection location that is giving the fault ?

tried every way of connecting, ethernet and wifi, switched locations to a know good setup and still nothing! Anyone know if i should have ca slot settings? just trying to think outside the box from the usual issues.

Back