Faulty splitter?

Added VM onto my mates H2.H last night, unfortunately didn't go to plan. (typical in this game eh!) Set the correct netid, did the usual that I've done plenty of times before with my own H2.H

It turns out that when two feeds were put into the splitter it would nuke his boxes signal, take the feed out the splitter for his router and the picture was crystal clear with not a breakup in sight. Box was connected via wi-fi to my mobile.

Has anyone come across an issue like this before? Does it sound like his splitter is the cause? It's supposedly a konig 5-2400MHz splitter, purchased from a seller on Amazon.

Any advice appreciated

EDIT: I ordered a Konig one but looks like the seller sent me their own version >.<

Well, if the picture won't clear when the splitter is in place it would suggest that's the issue.

That, or the feed from the splitter into the box is faulty. But more probably the splitter itself.

A few people have said maybe it's low signal? It literally kills the picture the second the second input is placed in the splitter. That is why I think dodgey splitter and not low signal as it's not a distortion or an eventual cut out.

I have had the same problem in the past with a dodgy splitter ... I bought a Labgear one from Screwfix and that was perfect :)

Back