Feature comparison?

Jargonaut

I'm trying to figure out what kind of features the more expensive boxes have that make them worth the price, besides speed/twin tuners. Do any of them have a feature to record a series automatically, such as recording all episodes of a soap or similar without having to enter all times etc like the sky tv boxes do?

expensive boxes work better and are safer built,vu solo2,yes set a timer recording and change once to weekly job done.the whole idea is to stop fixing problems on your box.

do you like 7 day epg?
automatic channel reset when moved ?
record up to 6 channels on 2 transponders?

no problem using vix image!

A lot of it comes down to name if you look at the spec for the top end boxes they really are not that great for the price tag this is something I went over in another thread about for the same money a htpc is far superior option plus offers better options.

You listed the hardware differences really it's about the tuner count and bumped up speed but software is all the same a zgemma 2s £90 can run everything a £300 VU+ can.

To be fair the zgemma 2s (twin tuner box) can do OTA updates as long as you're running one of the officially supported builds which at present are OpenDroid, ItalySat and OpenATV. I use OpenATV and having tried an unofficial OpenVix build - IMHO OpenATV runs quicker even when skins applied and with loads of plugins installed. Nobody has pointed out any advantages of VIX over ATV or have I missed something??

Back