FedEx Delivery Man Caught Throwing Computer Monitor Over Gate

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
When FedEx crafted the slogan "we live to deliver," the image of a FedEx delivery man smashing a delicate package upon arrival probably wasn't what the company had in mind.
But that's exactly how it played out for at least one recent recipient of a FedEx package!

The incident occurred outside the home of someone expecting a computer monitor via the delivery giant, according to The Daily Mail. The delivery man, caught by a security camera, carries the box to the gates of the house and, without even ringing the door bell, carelessly throws the package over the fence.
Adding to the list of grievances, the customer says he was home with his door open, according to the video's description.
Racking up over 2.4 million hits and counting, it didn't take too long for the viral video to make its way to FedEx corporate executives, according to The New York Post.

"This was careless treatment of a customer package by our courier and it will be addressed. We take pride in the quality of service we provide to millions of customers daily and we will not tolerate any irresponsible act that affects the quality of any item we deliver and the good reputation FedEx is known for worldwide," FedEx spokeswoman Shea Leordeanu said.

[video=youtube;b4Ar0o9duW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Ar0o9duW4[/video]

OMG thats disgusting behavior - he could see what the box was - its not as if it was a blank box! he should get sacked and give that job to someone who needs a job and cares - coz he dont :(

Definitively deserves the sack, no excuse can be given for this, imagine giving this to your son for his Christmas present to find when he opens it the screen has a crack all the way through it.

What a knobhead!.

I saw this yesterday on an Audio site I am a member of and while I agree that there is very little excuse for what the delivery driver did, there was a really good post by another member pointing out the fact that when a corporation puts profits ahead of customer service and puts so much pressure on the drivers to get their routes done in a certain amount of time this is the kind of service you are going to get.

We had an issue with Purolator a few years ago, they delivered a box with carbide cutting inserts in it, the box was missing over 5000.00 dollars worth of these inserts, it was insured for full value, a claim was put in for the loss, purolator refused the claim, they stated that we should have inspected the package for damage at the time of delivery, we receive over 150 packs daily from purolator, to make a long story short we informed purolator that if they want to play games with us we will hold the driver there until every package is opened and inspected, they honored the claim. ;)

Today the Senior VP of FedEx Express, Matthew Thornton III, posted this video apology.

[video=youtube;4ESU_PcqI38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4ESU_PcqI38[/video]

I saw this yesterday on an Audio site I am a member of and while I agree that there is very little excuse for what the delivery driver did, there was a really good post by another member pointing out the fact that when a corporation puts profits ahead of customer service and puts so much pressure on the drivers to get their routes done in a certain amount of time this is the kind of service you are going to get.

Are you serious Icanbe?

Watch the video again, look closely at the pace the delivery driver moves at?

The speed he moves at (not) doesn't look like a guy that's under pressure to get the job done?

If anything he looks to me like the best ever advert for "Lethargy" If he was in my employment he'd be gone using exactly the same method he used to deliver that monitor (Fooked over the gate).

As for the FedEx apology?

At 0:11 on that video, Matthew Thornton III said

I am upset and embarrassed for our customer’s poor experience

That probably should have read

"I am upset and embarrassed that this incident was captured on CCTV" lol

If that employee isn't dismissed? Mr Thornton III should be :no no:

Are you serious Icanbe?

Watch the video again, look closely at the pace the delivery driver moves at?

The speed he moves at (not) doesn't look like a guy that's under pressure to get the job done?

If anything he looks to me like the best ever advert for "Lethargy" If he was in my employment he'd be gone using exactly the same method he used to deliver that monitor (Fooked over the gate).

I did watch the video again and he seems to moving a fairly normal pace, the 2nd half of the video is slowed down, I do agree that the idiot should be fired for heaving the package over the fence.
As for what Matthew Thornton, typical BS corporate response, fire the lazy idiot and show that Fedex really does care about customer service, won't hold my breathe for that one. ;)

I had read somewhere that the driver in question was one of their Christmas hires. I have had alot of trouble with FedEx myself.....they have left more than a few packages on my doorstep.....I live in an apartment complex in the very back. A couple times I had called to complain, and they gave me some excuse that the driver may have been rushed.....and when I asked why he didn't leave a notice that he would try again, I was informed that the driver was new, and may not have known that he could try again. What pissed me off, was that they have left notices before, and on there it states that they will try 3 times, before you have to come to their offices to pick it up.

UPS is a bit better.....as I have only had come home to find a couple packages outside out of a few hundred....the rest were either in the managers office, or they were delivered the next day or two.

I have seen quite a few reports of people who follow FedEx and UPS delivery drivers.....and if they leave packages on the doorsteps, they come in and steal them after they have driven away. This actually happened last week to a friend of my mom's. He wasn't at home and they delivered some expensive items to his door....they stole them after the driver had left, and he didn't know about it for a day or so.

Thats the problem with a lot of couriers if they cant be bothered they will leave a parcel outside your door. A) it lets people know your not at home and b) at times goes missing by someone either watching the driver or a chancer who passes by. These delivery drivers also tend to " sign" on your behalf - so when they get back to the office they have " proof" they delivered to parcel!
Thankfully some coouriers need for someone from the property to answer the door and prove they live there. I offered to take a parcel in a few yrs ago for a neighbour, but i was not allowed as i did not live at the address the parcel was addressed to. Bit inconvenient for the owner of the parcel but the guy was doing his job correctly!

Back