File transfer from XP machine to my ext HDD help needed

madsam106

As I begin to play around more with the build and gaining more confidence try stuff including IPTV and the media players I'm wondering how to send over some Tv programmes and movie files from my Thinkpad X60S running XP to the external HDD connected to the back USB socket of my box.

I've downloaded Filezilla but it needs minimum Vista to run - any ideas how I can shift over these files?

All advice appreciated

Sam

downloaded it but can't change from German to English :whistling:

---------- Post Merged at 08:43 PM ----------

found it :willy nilly:

curious if nfs or samba could be on box and pc and stream from there?
having a number of enigma2 boxes on a network they can all access hdd on 1 box when mounted.

my box has always been visible on the network as zgemmah2h. I had to add samba to the 2S. I am using Win 10, but 7 is the same. Not sure about good old XP though.

It worked, just shifting 4 series of Breaking Bad over to me box (not that i'll ever get round to watching any of it)

thanks gmangt4, decent piece of free kit that

As I begin to play around more with the build and gaining more confidence try stuff including IPTV and the media players I'm wondering how to send over some Tv programmes and movie files from my Thinkpad X60S running XP to the external HDD connected to the back USB socket of my box.

I've downloaded Filezilla but it needs minimum Vista to run - any ideas how I can shift over these files?

All advice appreciated

Sam
You can use an older version of filezilla. I use XP and older version works fine.

Back