Filesonic Slow speeds

skyla20

Is anyone a premium account holder on filesonic if so im having a big problem with downloading speeds being very very slow compared to rapidshare and i was woundering if anyone is having the same issue and if there is any help on how to get speeds up could you please share the info also general feedback about filesonic would be good, the customer service i have had from filesonic is disgusting and they do not want to help paying customers at all thats my experience i have had from them so far, i asked for help and why the speeds are slow and all they say is try downloading the file again.

Are you connected to a wireless router?

What speeds are you paying for roughly with your Broadband provider?

What kind of speeds are you seeing when downloading with filesonic?

If you are using a wireless network, how far is the wireless client [laptop] from the router?

If you check them out, I am pretty sure that Filesonic and Fileserve are owned by the same company. But I use Fileserve as much as possible.

im using wireless internet and the router is in my bedroom also the speed from my isp is 30meg and the speeds im getting when downloading from filesonic is 128kb also i have connected to the router through a thernet wire and still the same also i did a test where i downloaded the same 200mb file from rapidshare premium account which ends this month and then i downloaded the same file from the file sonic server and rapidshare was giving me 1mb sec and filesonic was giving me 133kb sec

Filesonic works great for me...so far. I am on a 12Mps(which is about 1.5MB/s) connection, and I am pretty much maxing it out. I get the same speed with Filesonic/Fileserve or MegaUpload premium, wireless or cabled.
Did you have good speeds prior to this slow "episode"?
It is possible that your ISP(I know they do that for sure, some of them) is throttling you, or the server that the specific file you try to get it from is having issues...

As you can see, my speed is as high what my max connection is from my ISP, 12Mbs(sometimes actually spiking much higher, like 16Mbs).

Ive always used rapidshare for a couple of years but knowbody seems to upload any files with them anymore so downloads are bad with rapidshare but when rapidshare was highly ranked i never had a problem and even now i never have a problem on the one month left i have with rapidshare there speeds are for me min 1mb sec on a 200mb rar file but i just signed up with filesonic because theres allot of people using them for uploads but there download speed for mw is majorly slow and they wont even refund me at all

I to have the same problem had rapidshare for years but the links are becoming harder and harder to find and heard filesonic was more popular, signed up for a premium account and only getting speeds of 110kbs and rapidshare is giving me 2.7mps i have a 50meg isp with good speeds... Please help???

Think most of us that had rapishare have given up with it i tend to use mega or filesonic and it seems the more i have running in jdownloader the better if i only have 1 file downloading it seems to take longer-strange! But going back to the question coz its now so popular maybe thats why its slow at times coz it cant keep up but saying that its my prefered fileshare site but i dont download that often. But i can say that vm do slow ur speed down when it suits them and u only know when u complain or get a letter

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

i use filesonic and fileserve and others but ive had no problems with dowload speeds, from either of those two servers
useing virgin 50mb

Had a filesonic premium account, was checking out google why filesonic premium users dont always get there full speeds and luckily enough Google took me to this thread. lol

Lets just say i'm downloading something thats being downloaded by many users through this one link filesonic. Because of this, the server that stores the said file is being absolutely rammed with requests and downloads. Instead of seeing max speeds of 4.1MBp/s I'm only getting around 800kbp/s to 1.5mbp/s

I know it depends on which server your connected to and all, but as a filesonic premium user I'm not happy with the speeds I get even for premium.

Now rapidshare on the other hand didn't let me down one bit. Too bad its a dead host now...

i use Filesonic and Wupload and do find that Wupload files seem to dld quicker, maybe its just the files im using, but when checking i do try and go for the WU ones

i use Filesonic and Wupload and do find that Wupload files seem to dld quicker, maybe its just the files im using, but when checking i do try and go for the WU ones

Thats what I tend to do aswell. :)

Its that the files i download tend to be 2GB releases, and uploaders tend to upload this "content" as a one link without extraction on filesonic, as these big files generally tend to fail when uploading to fileserve or wupload. One thing i've noticed about wupload is that if your from UK, the link will change from wupload.com to wupload.co.uk. Just might mean that its re-located you to a close server, I always get good speeds with WUpload. With filesonic at the moment, its dying....

Back