Film playback with no sound BM7000s

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows a fix for this problem.

I downloaded a film as a (DivX) AVi file.

Tried to play it from a HDD with a BM7000s, the film plays for about 15 mins then the sound goes off.

Tried a few different films and it was the same on them all. Seems the 15mins thing is a common theme.

This is a friends box. He has watched "15 mins a slave" three times now !!! lol

I can play them direct from a USB stick to my TV, also can play them from HDD through
a BM5000s without any issues.

So the files are ok, I know the BM7000s doesn't like MP4 but my combo
used to play (DivX) AVi files without problems.

The HDD was formatted on the blade and will record and playback without any problems.

Does it treat recordings and films differently ?

Has anyone tried formatting a HDD to FAT32 just for watching films ?

Does the box recognise the HDD is connected ?

Is there any other settings I may need to change ?

Also, is the 12 Oct 12 firmware the latest version with 9991 ?

Sorry for all the questions but the box is in a different house so I
don't have it readily available to mess about with.

Thanks for any help

bees

Last edited:
theres a jan 14 firmware now and it seems ok. have you tried changing audio channels through the audio button on the remote. I recorded something the other day and it played but with no sound I changed the audio track and it was no bother.dunno if that will help with your divx files but worth the mention

Bees there's jan 2013 version and jan 2014 version, both av 9991 I tried the jan 2014 but box started playing up so I reverted back to oct 2012, sorry cant help with audio problem I always play mine through TV USB it recognizes everything thrown at it

Last edited:
Same here, just bought a 500 GB HDD for mine instead of using a pen drive.
Using the blade box and HDD was best option as the TV can't play USB direct

and his laptop has no HDMI connection so would have to use VGA cable and 3.5mm audio jack, so no HD films.

Think I will just give him my old DVD player which has a USB and can play Xvid using a scart, hasn't been switched on for about 12 months.

Ain't he got playstation or Xbox? Saying that they're terrible for recognizing some files! Tell him to buy a cheap media player if he don't fancy dusting your old DVD player off haha

No mate, he is a retired technophobe.

I have to write all the instructions
down so he knows how to change channel on the box !!! lol

He has been driving me up the wall cause he knows I can get films
he has to wait for :pop smiley:

He probably won't even switch the bloody thing on after I have set it up for him lollol

No that's how you spell it, he gave up work about a month ago
so he likes to come around and just generally make a nuisance of himself lol

Last edited:
Back