Fire cube gen 2 vs firestick pro max

Hi all

I have a new provider who has uhd streams. Although the cube has 4K capabilities it won’t play live hevc streams, only black screen and audio. Does anyone know if the pro max plays these streams?
I have tried the iptv on an old formuler box and that plays uhd fine but the box is on its last legs.

Hi all

I have a new provider who has uhd streams. Although the cube has 4K capabilities it won’t play live hevc streams, only black screen and audio. Does anyone know if the pro max plays these streams?
I have tried the iptv on an old formuler box and that plays uhd fine but the box is on its last legs.
What app are you using ?

Try installing VLC and have the app use VLC as its player

Reactions: phl
Tivimate. Have tried all that mate. Extensive google shows loads having the same issue. Used debugging tools and it only happens on hevc files. Tried 10 different apps and same thing happens but only on the fire cube.

2nd generation firesticks struggle to decode h265 streams, this goes for the same with movies and series in the same format.

Can you change stream format to hls on tvimate I haven’t used it before so just a guess any updates to the app, have you spoke to your provider.
If you try smarters or xciptv change the stream format to above

Can you change stream format to hls on tvimate I haven’t used it before so just a guess any updates to the app, have you spoke to your provider.
If you try smarters or xciptv change the stream format to above
I can. Tried that doesn’t work. Tried every player going. Not for happening. New Firestick time I think.

Very strange. 4K movies and tv shows play fine but any 4K live stream in hevc doesn’t play. Some other streams play fine which are not hevc.
Maybe the box is faulty?
What 4k channels are they cause some are only live when epl etc is on

Maybe there not 4k live streams in hevc. There's that many variations of the same channels with differant subs. I Don't believe some are wot there named. Only my opinion.... Paul

Maybe there not 4k live streams in hevc. There's that many variations of the same channels with differant subs. I Don't believe some are wot there named. Only my opinion.... Paul
I ran developer options and it shows exactly what the quality of the feed is. And I said it plays fine on my formuler z7+ so it’s not a stream issue.

I've never had issues playing 4k streams on fire cube 2, how do you know the stream format?

There’s a new Fire Stick 4K MAX available to pre-order

Wi-Fi 6E Support

2.0 GHz quad-core

16 GB Storage

Upgraded remote (Enhanced Alexa Voice Remote)

Fire OS 8 (Android 11)

Dolby Atmos, Dolby MAT, AC4 (Atmos)

850 MHz GPU

Back