Fire stick cant find remote?

jimlan

Hi guys, got a second hand fire stick, new batteries, but keep getting, Fire stick cant find remote?, tried iphone app, no joy, holding down buttons till thumb is numb, just wondering, If anyone has a fix for this, thanks in advance.

No amazon account for this, as second hand, app does not work, would any other remote work?.

thanks in advance

No amazon account for this, as second hand, app does not work, would any other remote work?.

thanks in advance
Only other thing I can think of is going on amazon see if you can activate firestick that way if you have an amazon account or seeing if you can get a replacement remote

Being a second-hand stick, should the first thing it ask you to do,is, register the stick to an amazon account, I was sure that if you remove the original account from the stick, when you put the stick back on, then it needs to be registered to an account ???

Sounds daft but the remotes are very power hungry so only use good quality brand new batteries. I had same problem many times.

I thought my remote had gone chips, before I tried the method I mentioned above I contacted amazon & told them my remote had gone & they sent me a new one .

Back