fire tv stick

keep losing build trying to stop updates debloater not sending to firestick [fire os 5.2.1.1]
anything else I could do/

Hey, can you give us a little more information?

What version of kodi are you using which build are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you closing kodi down properly using the second button at the bottom of the screen or are you just pressing the home button?
Not closing kodi properly causes files to get altered and build skin settings to be set back to standard

As for trying to stop your fire stick updating don't bother, amazon are highly unlikely to ever block kodi (with one of the updates it even checked for kodi and added it to the main menu if it found it)
They are fully aware that lots of there fire stick sales have come about from the fact people can install kodi so they are not going to block it, they did their part by removing it from their app store.

Last edited:
Then let the updates install
I have never managed to get my fire stick to wipe a build, my sister on the other hand can do it weekly lol

Are you closing kodi down properly using the second button at the bottom of the screen or are you just pressing the home button?
Not closing kodi properly causes files to get altered and build skin settings to be set back to standard

As for trying to stop your fire stick updating don't bother, amazon are highly unlikely to ever block kodi (with one of the updates it even checked for kodi and added it to the main menu if it found it)
They are fully aware that lots of there fire stick sales have come about from the fact people can install kodi so they are not going to block it, they did their part by removing it from their app store.
rumours doing the round they are looking at blocking sticks with multiple user id to stop resellers.
if they stopped kodi there sales would drop off dramatically cant see them doing that any time soon:)

Back