Firestick - Newbie Questions

Yellow!99

Hi, Going for a Firestick now that sly on the V8S is no more, got a couple of questions

1. Should I get the 1080p version or the 4k HD version?
2. Do all sly channels work without being juddery and jumping continuously?
3. Can you use home internet if your using the Firestick or not?
5. Does it come with a EPG guide so channels are easy to select, instead of going through a massive list?

1. You will need an IPTV subscription to get quality premium channels . It's not a plug and play solution for free stuff.
2. Internet connection via wifi, not mega strong signal
3. Yes
4. Depends on your IPTV supplier

I fear you may have been misinformed regarding the firestick

i would think 4k hd would be better if thinking of upgrading tv at a later date.
channels should work but it may depend on your bandwidth.
should be able to use home internet on other things like maybe a laptop or sat box.
unsure about epg as it may need an update to run it.

Yes, I know you need a IPTV sub to get sly channels on, what do you mean your last comment?

1. You will need an IPTV subscription to get quality premium channels . It's not a plug and play solution for free stuff.
2. Internet connection via wifi, not mega strong signal
3. Yes
4. Depends on your IPTV supplier

I fear you may have been misinformed regarding the firestick

Got a 4k LG but will the sly channels and other channels on the Firestick be coming through in 4k to justify the £80 on the 4k Firestick, would using the Firestick count as data usage from your ISP, could the ISP say your using too much Internet Usage?

I understand you need to buy the IPTV Sub app for around a £5, is this a one off payment, and does the quality of the channels depend on the server?

i would think 4k hd would be better if thinking of upgrading tv at a later date.
channels should work but it may depend on your bandwidth.
should be able to use home internet on other things like maybe a laptop or sat box.
unsure about epg as it may need an update to run it.

I'm not aware of any IPTV supplier offering 4K content. I doubt anyone will anytime soon due to the bandwidth it would use to stream such content. Equally there isn't that much live 4K content with the likes of sly and virmin anyway.

ISP would see data usage as if you were streaming netflix etc however if you don't have unlimited broadband be weary (no idea on usage)

IPTV sub will cost an average of £70+ per year anything less and it will most likely be poo

i see in android kodi 4k content but unknown what i see or get on a 1080 tv.
agree need to use a good internet provider and hard wired not wifi.

The TV is downstairs and the router upstairs, only option would be to use wifi, don't know how to hardwire it to the tv from the bedroom to downstairs, as long as the wifi is strong, it should be o.k i guess

i see in android kodi 4k content but unknown what i see or get on a 1080 tv.
agree need to use a good internet provider and hard wired not wifi.

when there is a need it will be done as somewhere in house a hole in ceiling can run cables to a new level and add a multiport hub

The TV is downstairs and the router upstairs, only option would be to use wifi, don't know how to hardwire it to the tv from the bedroom to downstairs, as long as the wifi is strong, it should be o.k i guess

use something called tp links plug one in to the router and one in to the device upstairs work hardwired then

xtream plugin is where iptv is located so its not in boquets

epg = teleguide

m3u is link providers give for andorid devices etc

this is iptv in boquet style

tv2.jpg

Got a 4k LG but will the sly channels and other channels on the Firestick be coming through in 4k to justify the £80 on the 4k Firestick, would using the Firestick count as data usage from your ISP, could the ISP say your using too much Internet Usage?

I understand you need to buy the IPTV Sub app for around a £5, is this a one off payment, and does the quality of the channels depend on the server?
We're you getting Iptv for £5 please mate

Is your 4k LG a smart tv?

Can you get this on a fire stick?

I run my IPTV sub thru' the firestick and it's excellent. No real problems and it has full EPG for UK channels and partial for US.

Few things though - you do need to pay for the app which is around £5 and then a further £4 a week or so later. There is also no function to record and doubtful there ever will be (although you can pause).

A mate of mine sells IPTV subs with 4K channels. I didn't buy from him so I couldn't really vouch. And he only sells face to face. I just mentioned so that you know it does exist.

Back