Firestick sky glass app

Hushwing

So currently use the Firestick with a Sky glass app which I used the Downloader to install.

Currently in the process of finding a subscription so been offered a few trials.

My current subscription has a month left and these trials have given me instructions for using downloader to get the app.

So my question really is, will I then have 2 separate 'sky glass' type apps? Or will it just change the settings on the app already installed?

I really don't want to lose my current subscription until I find the right service.

Hope this makes sense anyway , appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Hush

I guess it all depends on if the new provider will provide you the url info for you to use on your current app or then as most do now only give you option of using the app they provide in which case your app will likely be redundant.

So the app will 'override' , current sky glass app settings? I been given ulr numbers to download apps
I really just need to trial without losing my current service somehow.

Thanks

All I am saying mate whoever owns the app won't be happy if you add another service on it. I would ask them.

I doubt you could install it twice. It's normally smarters but there are versions of xciptv

Is the sky glass app the same app used . You can get a sky glass theme app on smarters or xciptv for example if its the same app and you have 2 different versions installed it will cause problems.

Ok so the downloader ulr numbers for these trials are different to my original sky glass app.

Does this mean different versions?

Sorry for all question, really new to all this and trying to get my head around it

Ok so the downloader ulr numbers for these trials are different to my original sky glass app.

Does this mean different versions?

Sorry for all question, really new to all this and trying to get my head around it
Is the app layout the same on both apps.

Thats the thing I've been reluctant to download anything as yet .
I was worried in case it messed up my current IPTV app/subscription and I lose that before weekend etc

Thats the thing I've been reluctant to download anything as yet .
I was worried in case it messed up my current IPTV app/subscription and I lose that before weekend etc
Installing another app will not affect it if its the same interface delete the new app.

you are likely to be given a url for a different app (app version) for a new provider, unless the provider is reselling the same service that you already have.

If they give you a different app,. there is no reason why you can't have them both on the firestick at the same time

install it , I have never had a problem with different versions of the same app installed , it has never overrided my current settings. if it causes a problem just delete and re-install the original.

you are likely to be given a url for a different app (app version) for a new provider, unless the provider is reselling the same service that you already have.

If they give you a different app,. there is no reason why you can't have them both on the firestick at the same time
2 versions of the same installed app can cause real issues Mr grog.

They mainly get the apps from apps and scripts. So their is a good chance they will clash.

Same as if you try and put IMplayer on a formula box you will probably get a conflict

Depends if whoever rebranded the app gave the app it's own app Id. I know the app I use has a different app I'd to other versions of the same app... If that's the case, then you can install 2 diff versions.

If the app you were supplied uses the same app Id, when you go to install, it would tell you it wants to upgrade current app... In which case, it will overwrire the app...

Back