First time, just received box. Stuck at Starting after trying OpenViX... Help!

So I just unboxed my Solo2 an hour ago and started to run through the set up wizard that came with the box. I ran through it all no probs and got to the EPG etc.

Decided to download the latest OpenViX from the main site (Openvix 3 2 037 Release Vusolo2 Usb) as I want to run the Blue HD skin on it. Here's what I did.

1) Formatted my 64GB SanDisk USB to FAT32 (MBR), put the extracted "vuplus" folder onto the USB.
2) All cables were connected if that helps diagnose the problem (HDMI, Ethernet, LNB in and power).
3) Box was turned off as advised from the rocker switch.
4) Put USB in, turned rocker switch to ON and the box started doing the following:

• Update!
  • Press Power
  • Update!
  • Press Power

5) Pressed the Power touch button on the box and it did the following:

• Reading USB...
  • Erasing...
  • Reading USB...
  • Erasing...
  • Reading USB...
  • Erasing...
  • Continuing...
  • Flashing...
  • Starting...

Then I see this... :beg:

IMG_0929.jpg

Tried this for about 3-4 times. It keeps doing the same thing.

Is this box damaged? Or is this USB corrupt or too high in volume?

Struggling to find any answer. I've even opened the box up, disconnected the 750GB HDD that came with it but it doesn't help.

Any way to load the original image back on for now (without USB)?

:(

Last edited:
Not sure what it was to be fair, bought off *removed username* on the bay. And nope, no modem cables in the box.

Last edited:
looks like original,are you sure the image used says solo2 only?can you send me a pm with link to check?

ok seems like correct image used and you can see usb stick stick flashing which is another sign of something happening.when one flashes the box it should when finished go into the setup guide on screen and follow the wizard.
hdmi and other cables were not removed but any other usb devices plugged in were removed first-yes it can effect flashing box.

I never removed the USB during the update. It was only rebooted as advised in the PDF provided by OpenViX:

If you dont see the prompt to press the power button but instead see the message “starting” it meansthat the receiver has not detected the USB stick or image files or both. If this happens start from thebeginning or try another USB stick, Image or USB port on the receiver.

It's been doing this since then. I'm not sure if it is the USB though as the PDF says to use a 8GB or less USB drive, and mine's 64GB.

enigma 2 boxes are fussy with usb sticks,kingston,cruzer,and integral 8gb work on mine,anyone buying from wos i advise to buy the kingston 8 gb stick,if box is off remove usb stick does it boot then.

I have placed an order for a Cruzer Blade 8GB usb stick, see how that goes. And nope, still same issue after removing USB stick. Turning the box on brings up the "Starting..." message with a fuzzy screen display. :surrender:

Last edited:
if you had phono leads to try yellow red white try them also and never insert/remove any cables while units are powered on.

Hmm, haven't got any of those handy buddy. Knew I should have kept the 5m long ones I purchased a while ago!

Just out of curiosity, how would that make a difference? I mean the box is getting stuck on Starting message.

Guessing it's not been able to read the USB drive properly after the "Flashing" step if anything, changing HDMI to phono leads won't make a difference will it? My guess would be that it was a higher capacity USB with hardware the box didn't like.

I've ordered a cheap Cruzer Blade 8GB stick which comes tomorrow as it was a tested USB stick for flashing by someone else.

Let's see how that goes. Will post back of my findings.

i use my usb for setting up my epg to after box has been flashed.

forgot to ask box does say solo2 on front and nothing else like letters?

Last edited:
Yep lol. It's not a SE or anything. Here's a pic of the front panel:

IMG_0934.jpg

Just to let you know, I'm a technical person so I wouldn't skip the littlest of things for diagnostic purposes.

I am web developer by day, nerd by night lol. I've background in PC builds and stuff and have set up boxes before (mind you, they were only Skybox/Openbox).

Let me know if there's anything else I can try while this new USB stick arrives. I'm doing a bit of digging myself to see what I can find.

Thanks cactikid! :)

i remember some one else said they got a solo2 and was an se version,have a look under box just to make sure no v numbers on sticker denoting a clone receiver,was there openvix on box before hand ,once you have a good usb formatted to fat 32 and file extracted to usb it works on mine,vu solo-duo-solo2-xtrend-etc.box might have got a bad flash hence a reflash is needed.
when this box is up and running you will say goodbye skybox lol

Checked the underneath of the box and there seems to be a barcode sticker on there:

Vu+ Solo2
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
SN : *the serial number here*
MAC : *MAC address here"

Nothing else on the box that has additional numbers...

And stupidly enough from my side, yes it did have OpenViX on it when I started it up the first time and configured, my brain just didn't compute at the time and I thought it was on the default Vu Solo2 firmware.

All I needed to do at that point was to active the Blue HD skin.

But guess a fresh flash shouldn't have hurt as I followed the steps properly (might have been the damn USB but I won't know until this new one arrives tomorrow).

In any case, there's a lesson learnt here for sure - Double check the image information from the settings before going rambo on it! lol

Last edited:
somebody else bought an xtrend and stock image used it just said xtrend so was not flashed.ok if yours had openvix on box before you meddled thats good meaning not a clone so should be just a reflash with good usb.

getting into box works all the time.
[video=youtube;JuqgRefGh1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuqgRefGh1Y[/video]

Back