Flash box

toffee

ive two of these boxes that need reflashing both are very slow to boot up one gets to 50 blue screens then reboots starting at 50 and boots to 100 then blue screen restarts at 50 again.

The other box stays on boot flickers after a while then restarts again.

I’ve tried 2 pen drives turn the boxes on just goes to boot just not showing usb on boot up.Tearing my hair out at these now anyone any advice plz

You haven't said what you are trying to flash image wise ?
You probably need to get a better USB and then flash with a nightly build of openatv for your model box and then flash with selected build image after that.
2S box can be very finicky at times and needs a lot of patience.

For the OATV flashing. Format the USB with the HDD Guru low level format tool. Download the nightly build for the 2S, then, transfer only the folder "zgemma" and its contents to the USB. Turn off the zgemma at the back and insert the USB in the rear port. Make sure nothing else USB is plugged in. Switch the box on and when it says USB on the front panel, press the front power button once. Then it should change to FLSH and do its thing.

The pen drives I have here have flashed the boxes before.They currently have whooshbuild so my idea was to flash with the original zgemma atv then upgrade to whooshbuild.

I’m not even getting usb on screen,turn the power on and it takes ages to even show boot on the screen

Sorry if it sounds stupid but why do you need to flash the original atv. I only picked up this box the other day and don't know all the info about it so was wondering why it is necessary? Is it anything to do with Samba-base because when I did a Settings>Update today my box stuck installing a samba-base update for over an hour and I had to reboot it.

I was able to flash wooshbuild v7 last night. I used HDDGuru to format and then a Windows format to make it bootable and FAT32. Copied v7 on to a stick, into the back and switched it on. Booted, Flashed and installed, got freesat up and running first time and CrossEPG updated once I disabled the second tuner and seems to be working fine so far.

Don't want to hijack but currently looking into an IPTV sub if anyone has any recommendations and if anyone else is running the same box and build, any prime plugins i should be running?? Thanks.

Back