flash expander plugin questions

RM1989

So my h2s runs really nicely on a barebones build but I decided I wanted to give iptv a go. So I decided to download flash expander which to my knowledge allows you to save the plugins and data to your hdd as opposed to internal flash. I installed this and it seemed to partition the hdd and epg, recordings etc were therefore wiped. I tested to make sure the hdd was still functioning by recording and it was getting a write error. I then tried to restore from image which failed due to a corrupted root issue so I had to reflash.

Can anyone explain how flash expander works and do I need to have this installed before any plugins etc for it to work?

It's makes a short shortcut pretty much

i don't use this one but I use another all the time
dont move the app it self as if you need to restore your in a world of trouble

i every plugin and skin on my sd card
you can move system ones but what's the point

---------- Post Merged at 01:57 PM ----------

Oh here is a tip.
Make a backup now and don't use an older backup. As it will look for the apps in the normal place and it will only see a short cut.

so install flash expander to hdd which creates a partition and moves all your flash data to the hdd. then make a backup and sort out all your records etc right?

how come i was getting a write error on the hdd after installing it. does the partition lock it?

As said I don't use that one

mine you install the app
run it and select the apps you want to move to HDD, USB or sd

you can un tick them and move them back any time

Back