Flashing Zgemma - Newbie...

You want wooshbuild for s2, or if you are daring you could try ipab.tv that has the software for all the boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell her to get up to bed and watch it on freeview, you could get software downloaded, check ipab there is a video there to show you how it works

I tried post 15, but no joy. No flashing takes place, and it keeps booting into OpenVix.

Have checked through the Vix information (Menu > Setup > Vix) and it says under image-manager that "there is a problem with this device. Please reformat and try again".

How on earth do I reformat?
(and will that make the box capable of flashing wooshbuild or any other image?

Once plugged into PC, right click on it and select format, do a full format, if that doesn't work use the hdguru program

It was the image on the box that was faulty, not the one on the USB pen drive.

However, I have now made progress! I put the whole zip file on the pen drive and pt it in the back USB slot. This still produced no result, so I switched off then examined the contents of the pen drive. This now showed both the zip file and the extracted version.

I plugged it back in, to the back USB slot, switched on and was startled to see 'flash' appear on the front panel! It proceeded to load wooshbuild's base build!

Everything went well until I tried to download the latest wooshbuild version, when nothing was shown about versions, and nothing could be selected or downloaded.

Finally, when I tried later, it said the server had been down......!

I am still waiting for the download (v.4.002), and suspect that the server is down again.

I am not having much luck. I'll try again in the morning, by which time I hope it will be waiting for me to press Green to put the download into action.

Ok everyone and matieboy...

Just to let you know I'm now sorted with woosebuild - actually was really easy "with a little help from head melted" on youtube...

Great to have this donenow at some stage can get my upstairs box done as well...

Cheers for all the help...by the way Sandisk 2gb worked after all and used Kingston 512 mb usb for the softcam upload on front port....so much easier not having to ftp anything...

Happy days...:)

James

Good to hear you're OK now, James.

Have you managed to download the plugins from wooshbuild today? I have not found the website working so far.

Hi..

Yes up and running I was able to download plugins through the box as i downloaded a cache plug in..

One problem ive found whatever channel im on it seems to be doibg a check as cursor keeps appearing on left hand side...anyone any ideas..maybe i need to change cam check or something..?

Cheers...

James

An update for the benefit of all those who were kind enough to help me get my zgemma H2S up and running using Wooshbuild after the initial OpenATV on it failed to boot and the OpenVix software subsequently supplied by the seller had some problems including crashes.

I was initially unable to download the Wooshbuild plug-ins, as the site was down. Then I found that the download was stalling halfway (twice).
I finally suspected that my tiny new USB wifi dongle adapter (Tontec 150Mbps 11n USB Wifi Dongle Adapter for Raspberry Pi/Windows /Mac OS) was not strong enough to pick up the signal from the router, two rooms away, and eventually moved my tv and box next to my router and used ethernet. This downloaded quickly, and the rest of the installation sufficient to watch the programmes went very smoothly.
I thought that the Wooshbuild installation instructions were very good indeed (almost detailed enough for a novice, with only one or two steps not totally clear), and do not intend to move away from Wooshbuild unless some serious problem occurs with their version builds.
The recording of a programme yesterday went very smoothly, and so silently that I doubted it was happening. My recording HDD is a Hitachi 500GB 2.5" (£38.48 from Valar via Amazon UK) in an eBay external enclosure which was stunningly cheap at only £3.60 delivered. It runs off the box's power through the USB, but has an extra USB lead for those who have to use 2 x USB sockets to get enough power (such as if a 3.5" drive was used). Sources of these devices were: Enclosure: eBay Item ID: 172141759384 ; HDD: Hitachi (HGST) 500gb 500 GB 2.5 Inch 5400 RPM Sata Hard Drive Thin 7MM For Laptop/PS3/Mac - 3 Years Warranty.
Once again, THANK YOU!

An update for the benefit of all those who were kind enough to help me get my zgemma H2S up and running using Wooshbuild after the initial OpenATV on it failed to boot and the OpenVix software subsequently supplied by the seller had some problems including crashes.

I was initially unable to download the Wooshbuild plug-ins, as the site was down. Then I found that the download was stalling halfway (twice).
I finally suspected that my tiny new USB wifi dongle adapter (Tontec 150Mbps 11n USB Wifi Dongle Adapter for Raspberry Pi/Windows /Mac OS) was not strong enough to pick up the signal from the router, two rooms away, and eventually moved my tv and box next to my router and used ethernet. This downloaded quickly, and the rest of the installation sufficient to watch the programmes went very smoothly.
I thought that the Wooshbuild installation instructions were very good indeed (almost detailed enough for a novice, with only one or two steps not totally clear), and do not intend to move away from Wooshbuild unless some serious problem occurs with their version builds.
The recording of a programme yesterday went very smoothly, and so silently that I doubted it was happening. My recording HDD is a Hitachi 500GB 2.5" (£38.48 from Valar via Amazon UK) in an eBay external enclosure which was stunningly cheap at only £3.60 delivered. It runs off the box's power through the USB, but has an extra USB lead for those who have to use 2 x USB sockets to get enough power (such as if a 3.5" drive was used). Sources of these devices were: Enclosure: eBay Item ID: 172141759384 ; HDD: Hitachi (HGST) 500gb 500 GB 2.5 Inch 5400 RPM Sata Hard Drive Thin 7MM For Laptop/PS3/Mac - 3 Years Warranty.
Once again, THANK YOU!

Glad you got sorted...

Ive managed to get some progress on the problems I was having with the spinning icon - Ive hdd in the back for recording and 1gb (upstairs) and 2gb (Downstairs) usbs in the front of my boxes for the epg etc...

This seems to have really helped - was a bit of an issue last night but mounted them correctly and seems to be better now.

Still getting the odd glitch at times - but this build is great compared to the one I was running.

A big thank you as well to everyone who helped me out with tips and advice. Hopefully things will be a bit smoother from now on..:)

I'd be lost without this forum!

Cheers

James

Had to do a full format of my flash drive to get it to work, took hours but was successful in the end. Required a bit of patience which is not a natural skill I find!

Surely it shouldn't take hours to reformat a flash drive?

My 500GB HDD took only about a minute to format to FAT using my mac and its disk utility, and the 8GB pendrive only a few seconds.

Hi again everyone...

Hopefully you'll see this post again - its been a few weeks.

Unfortunately I thought I was sorted but this spinning icon is driving me nuts.

Ive got a flash drive in the front of each box for epg, swapfile etc.. and yet its popping up all the time really frustrating seems to come up just before I want to change channel and then its froze until it disappears - is this to represent the hard drive spinning? Or is it actually working when this appears...?

Ive a seperate HDD in the back for recordings (not externally powered though..?) So thinking is this pushing the box a bit as regards ram/memory...?

Changed options in mount manager and still no joy...?

Has anyone any ideas...?

Cheers....

James

Back