Focus wet floor!

ste

TK Veteran
Our second car, a Ford Focus 2010 model has a wet carpet (driver side - o/s) and it's both front a back - it's literally saturated. It's been wet for a while but since we've returned off holiday, i've noticed it's took in a lot more water (probably due to all the bad weather that's been going on). I'm 99% sure it's rain water with it getting worse whilst the car has been standing, not getting used and it's plain water (not coolant - coolant level is full) and i've checked all drains (a/c) , scuttle panel drain and all clear, door seals are all fine. door membranes all intact. I've removed seat and took carpets up and poured gallons of water on the outside to see if anything seeps in and nothing. I've used buckets from every angle on every panel, i've used a hose at different angles and different pressures on every panel and outside seal and also underneath. There's no sunroof. The floor is solid, no signs of any rust or deterioration. Windscreen washers front and back working fine and no hoses leaking from them. I'm really scratching my head with this one.

Burn it? :ROFLMAO:

There's a couple of vents behind the rear bumper on fords that are prone to letting in water, although it wouldn't reach your carpet to saturate it so much when the car has stood.

You could take it to a car bodyshop to have them seal every possible point of ingress, much cheaper than getting a main dealer to look at it.

With how much water it's taken in, I'm extremely surprised - shocked even that with how much water I put on it and the methods used, there's zero sign of where it's coming from.

Our second car, a Ford Focus 2010 model has a wet carpet (driver side - o/s) and it's both front a back - it's literally saturated. It's been wet for a while but since we've returned off holiday, i've noticed it's took in a lot more water (probably due to all the bad weather that's been going on). I'm 99% sure it's rain water with it getting worse whilst the car has been standing, not getting used and it's plain water (not coolant - coolant level is full) and i've checked all drains (a/c) , scuttle panel drain and all clear, door seals are all fine. door membranes all intact. I've removed seat and took carpets up and poured gallons of water on the outside to see if anything seeps in and nothing. I've used buckets from every angle on every panel, i've used a hose at different angles and different pressures on every panel and outside seal and also underneath. There's no sunroof. The floor is solid, no signs of any rust or deterioration. Windscreen washers front and back working fine and no hoses leaking from them. I'm really scratching my head with this one.

Youtube it mate it might be a common problem,I have a 107 and it leaks through the boot i end up with a swimming pool where the spare tyre is

Ours is a 2010 model (Mk2.5) ... the boot is bone dry, as is every other part of the car inside except the driver side footwell (front and back).

Should have said, I've already looked on YouTube and spent hours trawling through Ford and Focus forums but nothing relates.

You might have already checked, but the plastic trim strips on the top of the car, sometimes the metal under them corrodes - can be a tiny pin hole that you can't even see. I've seen people use some sort of boat sealant that they squirt in the edges.

Have you checked the weather strip? They’re prone on fords, even 5-6 year old models have issues with them coming loose in places or degrading early and becoming brittle

Attachments

• D6CB9D53-322F-4C21-816F-26E981F456C2.jpeg
    D6CB9D53-322F-4C21-816F-26E981F456C2.jpeg
    509 KB · Views: 8
  • 6249BF55-F5DE-41A2-B688-37C8E3442727.jpeg
    6249BF55-F5DE-41A2-B688-37C8E3442727.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 9DC30108-8C58-489B-9768-C11173F27FCD.jpeg
    9DC30108-8C58-489B-9768-C11173F27FCD.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 8
Yes, as said, i've checked all door seals and all perfect and intact. I've put water around all doors / door shuts from all angles and when i've opened the doors, all the seals are bone dry.

I've literally checked all the common places you'd think plus a whole lot more, that's why this is such a head scratcher.

Yes, bonnet lifted, checked bulkhead, removed wipers and scuttle panel and checked under there for holes and checked scuttle panel drainage and all okay.

I'd use a hose pipe at high pressure rather than pouring water on the seals to mimick driving rain. Especially after the winds we've had recently.

had the same problem with a megane on the front. leaves had blocked the scuttle drainage so it overflowed back into the car

Removed the headliner and checked to see if any signs of water ingress on the inside of it?
No, not removed the headliner but there's no staining or any signs of moisture on it and when my missus has put loads of water on the roof from all angles, there's no signs of any leaks from the headlining or any water running down any of the pillars.

Back