Ford fiesta error code p0642

a1gunner

My 2009 fiesta broke down in my local Asda car park would not start said engine malfunction service now left it up to a mechanic just up the road and it gave the above error code the mechanic assumed it was some sort of fuel problem so changed fuel filter nothing so decided it must be fuel pump got second hand pump still wouldn't start then said it could be a faulty ecu so was send link to same ecu as mine on Ebay got that and waiting for that to be programed but am not hopeful that ecu is problem as been told that ecu was very unlikely I think that the mechanic is a clown and dread to think what there going to charge me if the car is not fixed any one any dealings with this error code on ford

If you google that code lots of info.

Id be more inclined to go with a wiring fault from a sensor to the ecu, thats where i would start as an armature home mechanic.

That code can relate to so many components though it will take some pinpointing.

@cactikid

Needle in a haystack springs to mind etc i'm no auto electrician guru but first place i would be looking is at wiring to sensors etc and loom to check for any damaged wires etc.

Is car petrol or diesel ?

Did he try and cancel the codes with a scanner?

Also i was told disconnect battery cables for 20 mins might reset the issue.

Also while in under bonnet any stockpile of debris in under there as mice and rats can nest in under there.

So many things could be the issue even a sensor with corroded terminals.

sounds like your "mechanic", is using the parts gun approach.:unsure:

Maybe try another garage.....

Well told him yesterday no results by Friday it will be getting picked up on Monday said i was up taking to auto spark never again

Same thing happened to me on Sunday, Also at Asda, Had to walk home to get the other car and tow it back, Just would not start. Mine is a Peugeot 107.
I cleaned the battery terminals, checked the fuses, unplugged the ecu, checked for loose wires, have half the dash off checking the wires, Would not start.
I was about to take the camshaft position sensor out yesterday (Another Youtube Video) but thought i would try if it starts first and the piece of shit started.

It is trying to find out what that specific car error code could be linked too.
Trying spare key etc. Sometimes having to go onto Forums of that car and see what others have found out could be recurring issue is how you get to know its a common thing that goes..

With diesel all you can do is squirt some easy start into the air induction system and if it sounds different = fuel issue possible.
Glow plugs issue with feed or other issues.

First rule is power and fuel and go from there.

Same thing happened to me on Sunday, Also at Asda, Had to walk home to get the other car and tow it back, Just would not start. Mine is a Peugeot 107.
I cleaned the battery terminals, checked the fuses, unplugged the ecu, checked for loose wires, have half the dash off checking the wires, Would not start.
I was about to take the camshaft position sensor out yesterday (Another Youtube Video) but thought i would try if it starts first and the piece of shit started.
Beware of French crap with BSU issues and the multitude of fault codes. Sometimes changing a battery on them ECU gets wiped OMG .
Well known for crappy connections on electrical blocks and corrosion and bad earths.

Beware of French crap with BSU issues and the multitude of fault codes. Sometimes changing a battery on them ECU gets wiped OMG .
Well known for crappy connections on electrical blocks and corrosion and bad earths
The horn has started going off every time you turn the wheel too, need to have a look at the clock spring this weekend or remove the fuse. :ROFLMAO:

Error code P0642 in a Ford Fiesta typically indicates a problem with the sensor reference voltage "A" circuit. It could be a wiring issue, a faulty sensor, or a problem with the engine control module (ECM). It's advisable to have a professional mechanic diagnose and fix the issue.

Back