Formatting hdd

Hi, I'm fairly new to all this, I've just got a new satellite box and following instructions on how to install.[h=2]ZGEMMASTAR 2S VIX HADES SUCMNSEE BACKUP(H1,H2&S)[/h]The problem I'm having is in formatting my HDD as the only option it gives is exfat not fat32.

will this work??

hdd is setup on box before using not on pc,i can format a usb stick on pc to fat 32,once setting it up on box the format is changed when mounting it for use with the boxes.

Plug your HDD into the box and go to Menu, Setup, System, Storage Devices, Initialisation, select the device and press the red button.

I've done that,and now when i plug the HDD back into my PC, i can't find it. it's probably me being stupid but its normally in the computer folder

It won't show properly because the box has changed it try a programme like hdd guru but it will wipe what on there

Thanks for everyones advice, I've now managed to load the image via reformatted stick. and then using the HDD just on the box itself.

people have yet to learn to leave hdd connected upto receiver and stop moving it to pc,there are network ways of hooking it up to view elsewhere.i know for viewing on other boxes nfs is used to discover box online,samba is another.
someone will say how to link pc and box to view.

Back