Formuler or BuzzTV box for IPTV streaming?

Pacman2D

For a while now, I have been using the amazon firestick 4K max for streaming iptv. I do like the interface of the firestick but would prefer something that is similar to a mag box interface or like a sky box where you just turn it on and you can flick through the channels with a guide & recording available.

Is there any big differences between the two?

So would anyone recommend the formuler box or Buzztv for high quality IPTV streaming

I use both a formuler cc and a buzz xrs500 and there pretty similar to each other tbh.
Both have there own dedicated iptv apps built in both able to record and can have extra storage for recording.
I do find the buzz remote slightly better just because of the buttons for go series and live tv.
The formuler remote is ok but if not used to it can take some time to get used to it and both devices are highly supported on the forum.
Only downsides for both is that you can’t have Netflix bbciplayer but most providers have catch-up tv

Buzz support from the retailer Kuul, who are a forum sponsor here, is pretty damned impressive - if you have any issues and post on here they have someone contact you and work through the issues till they're sorted. Can't comment on the devices coz I've never used one but they seem quite well regarded by those who do own them on here.

You could also try implayer or tivimate on your firestick, you can set it to go straight into that app when you start the stick and they have a decent interface and epg.

I bought the formuler pro max 11 about 6 weeks ago. Very happy with it. Can't comment on Buzz, but from what others say, it's equally as good. I think you will notice a step up in performance from firestick

Don't forget, epg is reliant upon the provider having a decent epg. Asl will and good it being displayed nicely, but if no epg to display, then it's no good... 😂

I bought the formuler pro max 11 about 6 weeks ago. Very happy with it. Can't comment on Buzz, but from what others say, it's equally as good. I think you will notice a step up in performance from firestick
Anyone know which buzz box is equivalent to formuler 11 pro max?

I have a Formuler z10 Pro and a 4K Firestick for over a year and I can honestly say that I am not impressed with the Z10 given that its a lot more expensive to purchase than the Firestick. I seem to get more buffering with the same set up with the Formuler than with the Firestick. I have asked Formuler if there is a setting I have not set correctly but with no result.
I am using Tivimate on both boxes with an ethernet connection and buffering set to medium after trying small with no difference
So personally I would not recommend the Z10

I have a Formuler z10 Pro and a 4K Firestick for over a year and I can honestly say that I am not impressed with the Z10 given that its a lot more expensive to purchase than the Firestick. I seem to get more buffering with the same set up with the Formuler than with the Firestick. I have asked Formuler if there is a setting I have not set correctly but with no result.
I am using Tivimate on both boxes with an ethernet connection and buffering set to medium after trying small with no difference
Just as well because, he wanted info on z11..
Oh and why would you use tvimate over mytvonline2..

Not a lot of help for us that purchased the z10 and are stuck with it.
Maybe they should have offered z10 owners a discount to change to the z11 rather than be stuck with an expensive flop

Have you not tried mytvonline app you’ve paid out for a formuler box to use a 3rd party app.
The z10 are pretty decent boxes tbh with you saying it buffers a lot on the z10 is the box upto date and no one else using the sub at the same time as you if you have a single connection.
If it was me I would enter the sub details into mytvonline and test using there own app to see if you still have the issues there is a number of factors that could cause buffering it dosnt always mean it’s the device.
True this is a draw back of formuler as they are known to chuck out new devices fairly frequently.
that is true but there support is 1st class and updates are quite regular for newer devices I’ve found that the cc box is solid last update was last year.
Maybe they should have offered z10 owners a discount to change to the z11 rather than be stuck with an expensive flop
there is you just need to know where to go for help and support why should they give a discount when there’s a lot more users that don’t have issues.
You can’t really call them an expensive flop when your using a 3rd party app on it instead of the app it comes with that’s why people buy them for their app so in reality you’ve bought an expensive box for tvimate not the other way round 😂😂😂😂😂😂🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Before writing it off I'd factory reset, update, install only a vpn app, put your iptv sub on the mytvonline app and run it through a vpn and see how that goes.

As others have said, the main selling point of this box is the iptv app that it comes with, you don't need to install tivimate on them.

This is probably going to be blasphemy to many. Unpopular opinion, I prefer Tivimate to MyTVOnline. I was (am) a noob and I didn't know about Formuler and their bespoke app when I bought my Pro Max 11. The beauty of the box is performance, functionality and simplicity. I could factory reset my box and have it back up and running in under 5mins.

Z11 still has issues,.
EG: device on occasions will not load, also r/c becomes, unresponsive.

Back