Freesat and IPTV amalgamation

digi999

TK Supporter
Hi all

long time member of the site and used to be HUGELY into the old Technomate boxes with using the old N Lines (no idea if that's still a thing!) Ok I've finally sacked off Sky and I was hoping someone was doing the same as i want to do. I'd like a box (multi tuner) where I can mix Freesat channels with IPTV ( for example if I select ITV then it uses freesat but lets say i select a movie channel it flicks seamlessly to IPTV) all of this with an EPG and menu system that's near as damn to the SKY interface!

In terms of box cost I was thinking sub £400 but obviously if you guys suggest box X for £500 and its an all singing one Id be happy to push out further!

Many thanks in advance

Hi all

long time member of the site and used to be HUGELY into the old Technomate boxes with using the old N Lines (no idea if that's still a thing!) Ok I've finally sacked off Sky and I was hoping someone was doing the same as i want to do. I'd like a box (multi tuner) where I can mix Freesat channels with IPTV ( for example if I select ITV then it uses freesat but lets say i select a movie channel it flicks seamlessly to IPTV) all of this with an EPG and menu system that's near as damn to the SKY interface!

In terms of box cost I was thinking sub £400 but obviously if you guys suggest box X for £500 and its an all singing one Id be happy to push out further!

Many thanks in advance
With that type of money look at the Gigablue & VU+ FBC Tuner boxes.

These FBC Tuner boxes coupled with a Unicable II LNB will give you 8 tuners 2 Hardware 6 Virtual that combination would have no restriction when it comes to recording and viewing at the same time.

With the right plugin you can set up a custom mix so Fressat would be via the tuners and anything that would be encrypted via IPTV. Im no expert on that but we have many that are on this forum that would be able to direct you.

This is something I keep meaning to look into doing

I'll have to read the guides here

I basically wanna use my old sly q dish and buy a box.

Thank you for your replies! So I assume an easier way would be to have a simple Freesat bouquet and the IPTV as thier own individual bouquets (movies etc). I seem to remember an IPTV provider on here that supplied an enigma setup script that you basically ran and it set up the whole thing (sky skin etc)

Many thanks again guys. I'll get to swotting up on the best images for Gigablue and VU+ boxes!

Reading online when swapping the LNB on a dish used for Sky Q, putting a Hybrid LNB in its place am I right to assume this would give you the best of both options?
It would but if you do buy a receiver with FBC tuners your missing out on the benefits of the tuner combined with a Unicable LNB.

Of course FBC tuners will work with the Hybrid LNB but you wont get the 8 tuners you would with a Unicable LNB or have the ability to split off the single feed from a Unicable LNB into other receivers.

Back