Freezing and Glitching, Culprit?

adrianfo

Hi
I have an Xpeed LX2 connected via AV 500 homeplugs with BT infinity and my ping is good
When watching sports or movies I sometimes get freezes for as long as 10 sec but more often than not just pixleing and the occasional quick freeze.
The SNR is over 75 and the other is 99
Could this glitching be down to the BT5 Hub that was supplied by BT for my infinity connection.
Has anyone else come across problems caused by the router.
Cheers
PS Happy new year

Best way to rule out your connection and hub which I don't think is the problem as bt's hubs are very good, Wire the box direct to the hub with an long Ethernet cable and hold the homeplugs as the cause. See how the box goes, and see if there is a big improvement or not.

You will always get some now again pixeling and the odd freeze with any server, There is no such thing as a freeze free server what anybody says its not possible with whats involved to give you the service you require.
once in an hour is except able. Even original sly with cards in box glitch so how can a server say that there's never will.

Bet your running cccam.cfg on your box,switch over to mgcamd and you will find most of your trouble will stop

Hi
Leslie: I'm actually running mgcamd and I've also changed line 40 G: to 33 in the cfg file.
Leader: I had a look at the TP Link AV 500s I use a matching 4 of these.
I changed the one which Is plugged to the router to a D Link DHP 306AV (only 200 mbps) and so far this evening I'm almost glitch/freeze free which is a massive improvement.
It may be just a coincidence but I can definitely live with it the way it is now.
My thing is I like to try and understand how and why and by swapping to a powerline adapter with an inferior performance to improve overall performance doesn't make sense but..............I'll take it.
Cheers
Adrian

Back