Freezing during EPL on BT smart Hub 2

Did you try the switch to wireguard? Did it make any difference??
Hi I did
It’s seemed fine after the change to Wireguard
But my mate - who has a 4K max stick said he was having buffering issues (FHD/HD) and was using wireguard

He’s on plusnet

So told him to change to openvpn - tcp and he confirmed once changed - that he had no more buffering and could watch the UHD stream - which had no buffering as well

So l think it’s probably best to stick with openvpn TCP

But let’s see during the Chelski game on Friday if l get any issues

Will stick with this setting for now and if l get issues on Friday then move it to Wireguard

What l do is, once make the change to wireguard or vice versa is to restart the firestick as the stream change was so much faster after a restart of the firestick

Thanks!

Hi I did
It’s seemed fine after the change to Wireguard
But my mate - who has a 4K max stick said he was having buffering issues (FHD/HD) and was using wireguard

He’s on plusnet

So told him to change to openvpn - tcp and he confirmed once changed - that he had no more buffering and could watch the UHD stream - which had no buffering as well

So l think it’s probably best to stick with openvpn TCP

But let’s see during the Chelski game on Friday if l get any issues

Will stick with this setting for now and if l get issues on Friday then move it to Wireguard

What l do is, once make the change to wireguard or vice versa is to restart the firestick as the stream change was so much faster after a restart of the firestick

Thanks!
I wanted to suggest trying with your Firewall swiched off. It worked for one of my people. Thanks for the speedy and informative reply. Nice one!

I wanted to suggest trying with your Firewall swiched off. It worked for one of my people. Thanks for the speedy and informative reply. Nice one!
Is there a Firewall on the BT smart hub 2?

If so let me know if that’s possible & l will give that a go for you

BT protect is turned off

Try turning ipv6 off in your router settings you say your mate has the same service and with vm and no issues then could be your setup.
Have you tried disabling the vpn to see if any change if improves or worse also try hot spotting from your phone.
Just moved to BT from Virgin and had exactly this experience only during EPL games - switching off IPV6 worked for me. Any idea why it affects it?

Just moved to BT from Virgin and had exactly this experience only during EPL games - switching off IPV6 worked for me. Any idea why it affects it?
Not all devices supports WiFi 6 yet so should imagine something to do with that

Not all devices supports WiFi 6 yet so should imagine something to do with that
Do you mean IPV6? My box doesn't have any IPV6 settings, so would have thought it just falls back to IPV4. Virgin was IPV6 enabled too but didn't affect anything. Must be something to do with implementation in the router or, more likely, just some dodgy firmware!

Do you mean IPV6? My box doesn't have any IPV6 settings, so would have thought it just falls back to IPV4. Virgin was IPV6 enabled too but didn't affect anything. Must be something to do with implementation in the router or, more likely, just some dodgy firmware!
Ipv6 is in your BT router! You can log in and disable it

Back